Ch. 16

"Okay, but what happens when the guy has ADHD but has an allergy to the normal medication? I can't give 'em ADD meds, can I?" Mia -a new found friend of mine, with burning red hair, green eyes, and a fair complexion- asked as we were lazily sitting in the library in a couple of bean bag chairs while we worked on some questions for psychiatry.

I giggle as I lean my head back. "No! ADD and ADHD are similar, but are different; people with ADHD have some kind of hyperactivity." I answer as I look back at her.

"Their the same thing, gosh darn it!" Mia tried to sound angry, but it ended up mixing with a laugh.

"It would be easier, wouldn't it?" I managed to get out.

"You think?" Mia raised an eyebrow at me.

"Why don't the scientists jus' find a cure!"

"We are the cure!" Her voice deepened by the slightest fraction.

I heard my cellphone start to ring. "Is that chur boyfriend?" Mia wiggled her eyebrows as I started to go for the object.

"Give me a minute, why don't cha?" I giggled as I looked at the phone. It was Jason again. I clicked the answer button, closing my book and stood up. I told my friend that I would be back in a minute as I laid my book in the chair.

I placed the phone to my ear as I headed outside of the library. "Hey-"

"Shit always seems to happen in your life, doesn't it?" Was the first thing I've heard from his mouth.

"What's wrong?" I narrowed my eyes at nothing in particular.

"Zack... They charged him." Its March, a good four months after Thanksgiving, and nothing has been good back at home. I guess this is just adding to the long list of crap no one can deal with.

"On what grounds?" My voice raised a couple octaves.

"Murder, first degree, and aggravated assault or involuntary manslaughter, one of the two. But-"

"But? What but? How can he kill dad-"

"They couldn't find him."

I starred at the ground as if I was trying to look for answers. "Gone?"

"He either got the hell outta dodge or someone killed him off." The thought of someone killing him -someone who made everyone laugh- was unthinkable.

"Call you back..." I hung up the phone, and walked back into the library. I got all my stuff and Mia followed me to Hannibal's clinic.

I placed my pack under the desk, a common place for it, and started for the usual door. "You can wait out here." I tell my friend as I shut the door behind me.

I walked down the hall to the first door on the left, and stood at the doorway. Hannibal was sitting in a chair, reading a book, as if nothing was bothering him. I looked him up and down before asking, "Did Jason ever call you?"

He glanced up at me. "What do you mean?"

"Jason called me a lil' while ago. Zack's gone."

"That's surprising." He never looked up as he said that.

"He never even said anything." I leaned against the door frame, crossing my arms. Zack wouldn't do anything quite like this. It wasn't in his nature. In fact, he hadn't even texted me anything in the last three days or so, so I guess this kind of ties in with him leaving. He always texted me anytime he went anywhere drastic... Did he truly have something to hide?