Walking under the stars

The first week of canterlot was busy! Especially with the two love birds. It was next Monday, and flash finally had some time off from patrolling canterlot. He had the most awesome idea that made his heart pound just thinking about it. He was going to ask twilight out on a "date-that isn't-really-a-date".
Tonight. Under the stars in the courtyard.
So he left a note on twilight's door and decided to check for a response after he was done with the day shift.
An hour after flash left the note...
Twilight sparkle was walking back to her suite with her friends following. They had a really busy morning planing next weeks summit and were stopping back at their suites real quick before they went to the canterlot spa. Twilight was opening her door when suddenly a note fell right at her hooves. She lifted it up with a wave of magic so she could read it.
Dear twilight sparkle,
I was wondering if you would like to have a picnic tonight in the courtyard at sunset. Just leave a response and I will meet you there.
Sincerely,
Flash sentry
Twilight sparkle's heart skipped a beat as her face grew red. Rarity grabbed the note, read over it, and gasped. The note was passed around by all her friends.
"We must get you ready darling! Quick to the spa!" Rarity said.
They took a limo of course. Rarity's favorite way to travel. While they were at the spa, twilight wrote a response to flash sentry then teleported it to his suite. She got the ultimate updo mane style(picture above).
Next the ponies went to canterlot finest boutique. Canterlot carousel (rarity's canterlot boutique).
Rarity was madly sorting through dresses while the others shook their heads.
"It's a picnic darling! Even you need to look your best." Rarity sorted and sorted. And finally after what seemed like forever, Rarity found twilight's blue gala dress with daisies and a orange bow.
"Wow sugar cube!" Applejack marveled.
"You look smashing!" Exclaimed rainbow dash flying in circles.
"It's so pretty." Said Fluttershy with a small smile.
"Yippee!" Pinkie squealed.
"Thanks for the compliments every pony but I really must get going" twilight said as her friends waved goodbye.
later in the courtyard...
Twilight walked into the courtyard. Flash walked up to her, his eyes sparkling.
"You look, so pretty." He said as his hoof creeped towards hers. She felt their hooves touch gently. She looked up at him blushing and smiling as they went to the picnic grounds. In a little grove surrounded by bushes, there was a picnic basket and blanket laid out with pizza topped with broccoli, jello and fruit punch. Twilight's face lit up with excitement as she sat down on the moonlit grass which felt wet with dewdrops. The stars up rose above as Luna was raising them gently along with the moon. The two began to eat their pizza while staring at each other. When twilight put down her pizza, flash laughed. She had broccoli on her face smeared in pizza sauce. Then she burped. Blushing, twilight got a napkin and wiped her face quickly.
As they sat in silence, Both ponies were thinking. Then flash stood up.
"Um...wanna take a walk?" Flash asked.
"Sure." She nodded as she got up."
They walked on the path through the gardens of canterlot. Under the stars. Flash went over and picked a fresh silky rose. Twilight beamed softly as he placed it in her hair. Then the clock struck midnight.
"I guess I might want to go to bed." She sighed.
"See ya." He waved.
They went to bed unaware of the trouble tomorrow would bring.