Promotion

Flash sentry was strolling proudly through the castle in his shining gold armor. Oh being a royal guard was amazing! Especially in the crystal empire. He wasn't born a crystal pony, he was a rich colt from another city. Flash especially loved the crystal empire. It's crystal fairs, shiny buildings,royal staff. But he couldn't help but feel that something was missing from his life. Love. He only had one mare in mind. Princess twilight sparkle. They just never really spoke last time she was here. But little did he know today was the day he would see her again. It was a sunny afternoon. The crystal palace shimmered as it towered over the buildings. He had just been summoned to the palace. When he trotted into the throne room princess cadence was sitting on the throne.
"Flash sentry, I am to inform you that you are being relocated. Just for a year though." She said.
"Yeah in canterlot!" Said shining armor as he came out of nowhere.
"You may go pack!" Cadence commanded as he was shooed off to his quarters.
As he began packing he started to think about twilight. She visited canterlot often so he would at least see her once. Possibly he would get to know her better. All he pretty much knew was that she liked books, she was purple, and wasn't the best flyer.
"I hope I will see her again." Flash whispered as he shut his suitcase.