Chapter 2

After Camila and Ms. Lovato had left the room, more students began to slowly filter in. Giddy with joy from her encounter with the brown-eyed girl, Lauren flipped to an empty page in her sketch book and began to draw. First, she outlined the shape of a face, then added the basic shapes and details for the main features; the eyes, nose, and mouth. Next she sketched out the figure's hair, making sure to add excruciating detail, especially to the roots.  To finish it off, Lauren went back and added in the little details that made the picture more realistic. Small crinkles by the eyes from smiling, defined cheek bones, and a slight blush.

Looking at her finished master piece, Lauren was surprised to see the face of her secret infatuation, Camila. Just looking at this drawing made her long for Camila's presence again. She had been shocked when the Cuban girl moved to sit next to her, but not only did she sit, the girl had made conversation with her. But before she could ponder this more, Ms. Lovato returned and announced they needed to head towards the buses. Lauren would be lying if she said she hadn't been disappointed when Camila hadn't showed up with their teacher.

As soon as they arrived at the parking lot, Lauren found herself sitting alone in the front of bus #8. She didn't mind the absence of another person, it was normal for her considering her one and only friend was Dinah. Pulling out her phone and playing her favorite playlist, a mix up of Bob Marley, Lana Del Rey, Paramore, and The 1975, she shut her eyes blocked out the world. 

Until, that is, a tap on the shoulder interrupted her calm. Though looking up at the perpetrator and removing her head phones, her aggravation faded quickly. 

"May I sit here?" questioned Camila.

"Of course, Camz." Lauren responding, blushing at the fact that she had called the other girl by her old nickname.

Camila simply smiled before saying, "Sorry to interrupt your jam session, Lolo, but I made it to the buses late because forgot my camera and had to run to my locker, which is conveniently located on the opposite side of the building." 

"Sounds like quite the adventure," Lauren giggled, ecstatic that Camila too remembered their nicknames, before continuing, "I didn't know you like photography."

This caused the brunette to blush before responding, "I love it! With this camera I can capture any moment to keep for the rest of my life. Any moment! And I feel that there is something romantic about a picture... not only is it a physical memory, but it's almost like a part of you. I mean, it ages with you, and will always keep that one, special moment for you." she looked down at that before quickly saying, "I'm sorry, I'm probably freaking you out."

Lauren was surprised and pleased, this was a side of Camila she hadn't seen in a long time. The 100%, honest, and passionate Camila. 

Realizing she hadn't said anything, and there was an odd silence hanging in the air, Lauren quickly blurted out, "You could never freak me out."

The fire that fueled behind the raven-haired girl's cheeks was amplified when Camila looked up with a smile equivalent to that of a child running free at Disneyland. 

"Do you bring your sketch book with you everywhere?" asked Camila, pointing towards the bulky book Lauren hadn't noticed was in her lap.

"Yeah, I have to, I could be inspired any minute." 

"Can I look at your drawings?" Camila asked with a small, shy smile.

Lauren simply handed Camila the book as an answer. She could never deny Camila anything.

The first few drawings were simply landscapes, a field of flowers here, a small lake there. But as you continued on, and the drawings became more unique, a recognizable figure becomes noticeable in every sketch. Lauren blushes when Camila quirks her eyebrow in realization, but doesn't say anything to show this discovery. Then again, Lauren thinks, the figure could be anyone.

Sort of. 

Not really.

Suddenly, a gasp informs Lauren that Camila has flipped through Lauren's entire collection of sketches and is on her most recent drawing. 

The one of Camila.

Lauren bites her lip, worriedly waiting for Camila's reaction.

"Lauren, I..."

This concerns Lauren, the younger girl is usually so eager to speak, and now seeing her at a loss for words is frightening.

"I love it."

The pale girl automatically looks up upon hearing this. Frantically, she searches the girl's face for any sign that she was lying, and breathes a sigh of relief upon seeing none.

"I'm sorry," she starts, "It was really creepy for me to draw that without you knowing, and I just-"

Camila stops her word vomit by placing a hand on her cheek, and moving closer.

"You don't ever need to apologize, Lauren. You drew me so beautifully. I. Love. It." she finishes, leaning closer towards Lauren with every word, until their faces are mere inches apart. 

Camila and Lauren both look at each other's lips for just seconds before leaning in slowly, when suddenly, Camila turns just slightly and kisses Lauren's cheek. Just barely grazing the corner of her lips.

Neither girl moves back, too involved in a game of stare-at-each-other-because-we-almost-just-kissed-but-we-didn't. They maintain their eye contact until a loud and close voice breaks in with, "Welcome! My name is Simon Cowell, and I am the CEO of Cowell Industries, and your guide for today! Follow me, I have already gathered the other students." 

At the end of his welcoming, the two girls look back at each other and blush.

"We should get going," begins Camila, "I hear the last ones inside have to hold a mutant tarantula."

Lauren can't help but giggle, the other girl knew just how to lighten a mood.

"Lead the way, camera gal."

Thank you for reading!!!! I will hopefully be updating this story everyday, and I would love any suggestions for it. I think I will being putting in character perspectives soon, but for now it's kind of just a 3rd person :P 

-Ssillystarss