Chapter 3

Levi POV

I utterly hate new schools. My drunk excuse for an unkle sends me to new schools every few months until we find one that appreciates my knowledge. I believe I'm smart for a 17 year old, but no one ever acknowledges it.

As I enter Titan Highschool, I get greeted by a towering guy with.. extremely large eyebrows. Okay, I've seen many people with natural big things, like big teeth or big feet, but never eyebrows unless it's some girl that painted them on (which in fact, is not natural.)

"Hello young man, you must be Levi."

His voice was just as bothersome as his face.

"Yeah." What else could I say?

"Let me take you to your class," he replied.

I mumbled a quiet 'mhm' as we left off to go to my class.

-----

We entered a deafening, dusty classroom filled with dense little brats. I studied the room, and all I can say is: ugly. The walls were a plain beige colour, and the carpet was a hideous blue. While the teacher was talking to someone, I made eye contact with the most beautiful pair of eyes I've ever seen. I couldn't look away, I feel that if I looked away, I would never see than again. Then I realized we were both staring, so I said, "You know, if you take a picture, it'll last longer."

He murmured a quiet 'sorry' but didn't look away.

"Jaeger, I hope you can take care of him for a while. Levi is quite the troublemaker, and you're a good student, so this should work out."
There it is. The first person to assume I'm a so called 'troublemaker.'

I could tell that the guy was intimidated, so I just muttered, "good luck," to scare him a little.

-----

When the bell rang, I didn't know what to do. Should I follow everyone else or wait until someone notices I'm struggling to find my way?

"Umm..." Eren was right in front of me, trying to get my attention for God knows how long.

"Yeah, hi." Fuck why do I have to be so fucking dumb when it comes to fucking talking to others.

"Uh, why did you tell me good luck- you know, earlier today?"

"Oh. It's because people usually assume that I'm a bad guy, just because I look like Satan's child."

This made him laugh, and that made me smile just a little. I like making people happy, it makes me feel good. The only problem is that I'm bad at talking to people, and when I get nervous, I say stupid shit.

We were walking side by side now, and I was getting nervous because we haven't spoken a word for about 5 minutes. Fuck, I don't know his name. It'll be awkward if I don't know how to get his attention. Shit, what now?

"So Levi, why'd ya come to this shitty school?"
Fuck he knew my name and I don't know his I'm so stupid ugh-

"My name's Eren, if you were wondering." He gave me a shy smile and offered me his hand. Gross.

"It's not your fucking business why I came here you peasant." And I guess that's the end of our friendship, if you could even call it that. I was expecting him to get pissed and start walking away, but he just laughed and we carried on walking.