10

Jack (wow shock)

I sat on the bench and watched as Emily rocked her legs back and forth on the swing getting higher and higher every time. she slowed down and giggled before running over and sitting down next to me. we put our penny boards in the car so they wouldn't get in the way and we didn't have to worry about them. she grabbed my hand and pulled me off the bench and over to the slide. She walked up the steps and stood at the top grinning "Jack watch this" she giggled and ran down the slide. she got about half way before she lost her balance and fell sideways.

I gasped and ran over to her. she clutched her arm and looked up at me with tears streaming down her face. "come on we need to go the hospital" I skipped my arm under her back and carried her bridal style to the car. I sat her in the passenger seat then ran over to my side. "Jack it hurts" she wailed wiping away her tears "I know baby girl we'll be at the hospital soon"
*
*
*

after pulling up outside the hospital I picked Emily up again and took her to reception. after explaining what had happened they told us to take a seat. we waited for a few minutes before a doctor came out and told us he would take Emily for a X-Ray.