The storm

The sound of pouring rain tapped on Akaashi's window. What a night it had been! A huge storm was upon his hometown for over three days and he and his roommate Bokuto were locked inside. Sadly it wasn't really their choice to stay inside, they just took the advice of the weather man that had been constantly popping up on their tv screen every few hours to update the viewers about this everlasting storm.

It was about two in the morning but Akaashi wasn't sleepy. On the contrary, he felt more awake and energetic than he did during the day. School was cancelled until the storm died down so he had nothing better to do all day rather than study, eat, sleep and deal with Bokuto's lively personality.

Finally he had enough. Although Akaashi was wrapped up like a taco, he didn't feel in place. Plus his tummy started rumbling so there was no point in staying in bed. He crept slowly out of bed and shut his bedroom door behind him cautiously, as not to disturb Bokuto's slumber next door. However as he walked down the stairs, Akaashi was blinded by the bright light coming from the television. After his eyes settled he saw none other than Bokuto sitting on the couch covered in blankets, playing on his phone whilst watching what seemed like some sort of sci-fi movie.

Akaashi let out a small sigh and walked towards Bokuto. At first Bokuto didn't realise Akaashi had woken up and so when he spotted his dark haired roommate standing next to him covered in black, Bokuto let out a shriek. Akaashi laughed loudly and opened his mouth to talk but Bokuto spoke first. "Soooo Akaashi...couldn't sleep?" After a short pause Akaashi replied "Mmm yeah the storm kept me awake...plus my tummy was rumbling so I decided to come get something to eat...you know a good midnight snack."

Bokuto signaled his friend to sit down next to him and so that's what Akaashi did. However, as soon as Akaashi's ass touched the couch, Bokuto curled himself up in a ball and placed his head on his friend's shoulder.

Now Akaashi had one struggle that not many, if not anyone, knew about. Over the few years of knowing his senpai, he started to develop feelings towards him. Now the thing is that Akaashi never really had an interest in men and neither did he ever doubt his orientation. But Bokuto was special. Every time he was around Bokuto he felt this never ending joy spreading through his body like some disease. Just as much as Bokuto annoyed him, he loved him just the same. His little owl, that's what he called him during some mental discussions he used to have, now more than ever because of this recent lock down.

With Bokuto's head lying on his shoulder, Akaashi couldn't really move as much as he wanted. His roommate looked exceptionally cute laying on his shoulder so he didn't even dare to move a muscle. Therefore he sat still, feeling Bokuto's warm breath on his shoulder. "Well what brings YOU down here?" Akaashi finally spoke after some moments of silence. "Not much. My room was feeling a bit stuffy and I wasn't that sleepy so I came here. And just like you, my good friend, I was super hungry so that was more of an excuse to get out of bed." He winked at Akaashi and continued "To be perfectly honest with you I was gonna wake you up to keep me some company but then I decided not to. I know how you feel about having your sleep interrupted" Bokuto grinned clumsily, and Akaashi smiled just as much, however internally. Aaahh how he loved that boy.

After a few minutes of sitting in that strange position, Bokuto stood up abruptly and demanded that they should get a pizza delivered to their house. However Akaashi opened the curtain, revealing the street drowning in that horrible downpour. So without any other options left they decided to cook something themselves.

A/N: most probably I'll continue it but for now I'll just see how everything goes. Plus I'm quite busy with school so I have to find the time. Thanks for reading though :D