I - The Breeding Ritual

It was a cool winter's day.  The sun waned taking what little warmth it provided with it.  A majestic wolf with her knowing blue eyes watching the orb's slow descent.  She lay perched up high in the loft of a red-painted barn, breathing slowly with her grey and black tail wrapped around her bottom as she rested her muzzle on her paws.

It was almost time.

The wolf's pelt started to quiver.  She hated this time of day.  With shifty eyes, she searched for somewhere to hide.  Just one night.  She spotted a dark corner.  Maybe with the waning light, they would not see her.  She darted over to the dark corner.  Then laid down trying to make herself as small as she possibly could, tucking her wet nose into her fluffy tail.  She closed her eyes, wishing and hoping not again.  But the prayers often were nothing more than silent pleas.

The she-wolf closed her eyes.  She knew they would come for her like they did every night.  It was inevitable.  Every night they came for.  It didn't matter if she was sore and battered from the night before, they always came.  She would need to rest and fortitude; she closed her eyes trembling.  Before too long, she was fast asleep, soft breaths leaving her muzzle.

Within a blink, she was yelping as one of them yanked on her fur, sending shooting pain down her back.  The man  dragged her out of the precious sanctuary of the barn loft and threw her down where she landed with a yipe and thud.  Her legs ached from the rough landing.  She quivered as the man climbed down the ladder that led up to the loft.  The she-wolf quivered not moving, nor was she brave enough to evade both the man man-handling her and the guards that stood sentry just outside the barn.  No... they would have their fun again tonight.

Once down the ladder, the man knelt in front of her staring into her bright blue eyes, "Don't test me, she-wolf."  

The she-wolf averted her gaze and let the man drag her to that dreadful place.  The cold ice scraped at her soft skin hidden beneath a layer of thick fur.  The night creeped on and bright orange torches lit the way.  Filled with desperation, the she-wolf let out a soul-clenching howl, one last cry for help.  She knew no one could hear her, for she was dreadfully alone in the fate bestowed upon her, but that didn't stop the panic rising in her chest.  She howled again, mournfully crying out the injustice of the life of a breeder, until a heavy, meaty hand wholloped her strongly on her muzzle.  She whimpered slightly before silencing.

"She's in a mood tonight, Paul." The man who was dragging her to her fate said as he greeted one of his friends standing sentry outside the door of the place she dreaded most.  The building was lit up with wax torches, burning brightly.  Shadows cast across a heavy, wooden door, the only entry to the well-built log cabin.  The cabin was built to last more than 50 years, such was the craftmanship.  Had her situation been differently, she might have admired the work.  As it was, she was baring coping.  The large cabin could hold more than 30 men, when full attendance was required of the strongest and fiercest members of the pack.

The sentry shrugged, "Just as long as she continues to provide the pack with strong pups, I don't see a problem.  Her strange moods don't bother me.  Besides, since when did her moods stop you and your men?"

The other man guffawed knowing the answer.  With a glint in his eye, "Never," he said with a bone-chilling authority and assurance.  He always got what he wanted, which may have been the reason why he was called to be the Breeder's Enforcer, for he was relentless with his ways until the bitch was heavy pregnant with the pack's new litter.

The Breeder's Enforcer dragged her into the cabin and dropped her on a large, black bear rug laid out.  It was called the mating rug for all breeding she-wolf, many who had to succumb to the same fate as she, were bred on the soft animal fur.  The she-wolf trembled as the extra lamps were lit brightly.  There were already about a dozen of the pack's strongest unmated fighters and the beta who had yet to find his mate.  Many of them were undressing themselves, comfortable in their nakedness.  Then it began.

All of the men stood around the she-wolf proud in their nakedness.  Then they all began to beat their thighs in rhythm with one another as they chanted the Wolf's Breeding, 

"Begin the she-wolf breeding, a she-wolf chosen by the pack, to give our pack the strongest pups is all that we ask.

She shall be bred every day, by the strongest of the pack, until her belly is full with pups, then we know we've completed our task.

All her days she shall be bred, until her breeding time is up, then she'll guide the next breeder of the pack.

For our pack must grow strong and fierce, our numbers must multiply, so let us breed this she-wolf as we beat our thighs."

The Breeder's Enforcer stood proud and savage, grinning in the light.   He beat his chest and shouted, "I am the Breeder's Enforcer.  Who claims first right?!"

The Beta whose blond hair was cropped short and whose muscles glistened in the light, beat his chest shouting, "I claim first right!"  

It didn't matter that someone he would find his mate.  All that matters what that she was bred.  The Beta walked up to the she-wolf, his thighs red and bruised.  He grabbed the back of her scuff harshly, the soft smoldering grey fur and whispered in her ear, "I claim first right, she-wolf."  Then he mounted her.  She whimpered but the men only cheered on beating their thighs.  It was savage.  The she-wolf was shrouded in misery both physically and mentally as she knew that soon she would be pregnant with her six litter of pups. Pups that she would never hold or know their names.  In this pack, the only thing that mattered was what she gave to the pack.  

Soon another male claimed her.  Then another and another.   Until all of the males were spent and their seed mixed inside of her.  She knew this way that in their sick way of thinking only the best of all of them would produce the new pups.  It was their way.  

This was the Savage Pack.