Nightmares Will Never Hurt You

I woke up, shaking, sweaty and my dad slapping my face telling me to shut up because he's trying to sleep. He walked out if my room an I rolled my eyes. I got out of bed, seeing that it was 4 in the morning. I got dressed. I knew today was the day. Not to kill myself, I needed to get away first.

Maybe I could get out of this misery.

Maybe for once, I could be happy.

I dressed the same way I did in my dream. Bright orange skinny jeans, torn-up, rip-off, Converse, and my red, oversized LIFEGUARD sweater. I pulled my hair up in a pony tail. I pulled up my sleeve to reveal the almost fresh cuts on my arm. I grabbed my backpack and put clothes in it. My black skinny jeans, a varsity jacket, my black flats, about $150 I saved up, and my bear.

My teddy bear.

I've always had that bear. I had that bear before my mom overdosed. Ever since then, my dad has beaten me. He always tells me that it was my fault that my mom died. I still believe him. I don't doubt him. I picked up my backpack and I grabbed my bag were I kept my blades. I slowly opened the door and I heard nothing except for my dad snoring. I closed and locked my door. I snuck out of the house and starting walking down the street.

*4 HOURS LATER*

I saw my phone light up in my hand.

From: Dad

WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!

To: Dad

Out. Where are you?

I cleared everything my dad sent to me. His phone number, text messages, phone calls, everything. My dad never replied back. That was all okay.

I slashed his tires before I left.

I cut out my face in everything, I deleted pictures of me in his phone while he was drunk.

Took the key to my door off the keychain.

I prepared for this.

I was walking down one of the main traffic streets, when I saw a tour bus pull into the gas station where I was going to get something to drink.

I saw five guys walk out. One walked over to pump gas and the other four went inside. I followed them inside the mini store. They all wore coats and had their hoods on.

My heart started racing, thinking about my dream I had hours ago. I gently pulled in the door and heard them laughing and talking. The cashier saw nothing wrong with them. Maybe I was over thinking. I started looking at the drinks they had in the small store. I had bumped into one of the guys and instead of apologising, I flinched and jumped out of the way, only to run into another one of the men. I fell on the floor and curled up in a ball and began to cry.

"Please don't hurt me! Please! I'll give you all of my money, just please don't hurt me!", I called out which made the cashier run over thinking they were hurting me.

He ran over and all if the men kneeled down and checked to see if I was okay.

"Miss, are you okay?"

"Ma'am, do we need to call the ambulance?"

"Miss, please talk to us."

I blinked my eyes open and looked in beautiful brown eyes with light brown curly hair in the way. I realised I was laying in his lap. I picked my head up quickly and stood up. I apparently looked dazed and confused because they had me sit down in a chair.

"Do I have to call the ambulance?", I heard an airy voice.

"What's your name?", I heard a quite voice mumble.