Memories

His voice was all too familiar. I could get over the fact I knew it, but I couldn't think of it.

I heard a click and the clerk's muffled scream. I could tell he had a gun. I covered my mouth and quietly started to cry. All that was flying through my head was that I could die, or witness a murder. The music was still blasting so no one heard the gun shot. I didn't hear the clerk scream or foot steps. I heard someone walk in and I noticed he was running. I didn't realise the gunman was walking towards me. I heard someone struggle with him to get the gun. I remained under the rack, breathless. Speechless. This has all happened before. I then remembered where I heard the voice from.

*FLASHBACK*

"No! Please don't shoot! Please, please, please don't shoot. I'll give you all of my money! But please don't shoot me!," I heard a woman yelling over her sobs, as well as others.

"I don't care if you live or die, I just want the money. If you don't cooperate, I'm gonna shoot you and all of the rest of these people that don't tell me where it is," a man with a harsh voice says.

He put a lot if emphasis on "it." I didn't want to die, so I did what I thought best, I didn't cry, scream, or put up a fight like everyone else. He told me to sit, so I did. I could tell I was in his good side, just by the way he looked at me and talked about me.

"Why couldn't you be like her? She's quiet and listens to me. You have to be difficult. I already shot this little girl's friend. I'll do it again if I have to," he yells, not realising that a mother is crying.

He stares at her while she's crying. I raised my hand. I had nothing to lose. I hated my life as it was, so why should I care if he shot me. I'd probably say thank you.

"Oh, first thing you say this whole time. What do you want sweetheart?", he asks with a sweeter voice putting more emphasis on his first sentence.

"I think I could tell you where the money is at," I speak slowly as I see the red and blue lights flashing through the glass that had jewellery.

"Hahaha! You think you know we're the money is at? You don't even work here. How should you know?", he starts sounding angry.

"I use to though. A long time ago. I knew where the safe was. If I do remember, you would probably have 10K. A lot of money right?" I said so calmly, I believed myself. I had never once in my life, worked.

His eyes lit up with excitement and hope. I gave him a reassuring smile. He told me to get up and unlock the safe. He stayed in the room with the hostages. I soon found out there was a window and I opened it slowly. I couldn't close the door because when I opened it, it squeezed and there wasn't a closet, so if he asked I wouldn't have a legit answer.

I opened the window and wave the police over. I walked out of the office with a disappointed look on my face.

"Well, where's the money?", he asked angrily and looking at my hands for the money.

"They changed the password to the safe. I can't unlock it."

He pointed the gun at me and I antagonised him until I saw the police.

"I wouldn't care if you shot me. I want to die anyways, but I'd much rather kill myself then have someone do it for me," I said putting an intense emphasis on "myself."

He put his gun down in a very fake disappointed look. Before I could blink, he picked his gun up and shot me in my shoulder. The police charged in.

I survived and the man got away.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

That day two years ago still haunted me, and now the same man is here in the same store as me, doing the same thing. I was thrown out of my trance by someone falling on the floor next to me. He didn't see me, which I was happy about. I heard the gun slide across the concrete floor away from me. I heard someone slam the door shut and the music turn down. I heard keys jingle and someone walk over to where I was. I began to sob, knowing it was probably the last breath I take, but I was sobbing because I was happy that my life could finally end.

The clothes spread and I was waiting for the man to shoot me. Instead a younger man kneeled down next me and wiped my tears away.

A/N: I hope this makes up for the other really crappy chapters. Hope you liked it guys. ^-^