Chapter 4

A Twilight Twist: Depressed

Chapter 4

Edward’s POV

A year. A year is a long time to wait.

That’s how long it has been since I felt her skin against mine. The last time I was able to hold her within my embrace. The last time I smelled her scent. Her addictive scent that I could find anywhere without difficulty.

I was perched on a branch not far from her window. The dark shadows made by the night hid me from view.

My Bella was laying in bed, turning over now and then in her sleep. She looked so peaceful and elegant even in her sleep.

I could hear her mom and Phil sleeping in a room down the hall.

Over the year I’ve learned Bella is quite different from her mom. Her mom is very outgoing, while Bella is more content just staying in one spot. Renee is much more observant than Bella.

Phil seems nice too. He is always away though. At first, whenever Phil had a game Bella would stay home by herself, but then Renee started feeling bad so she’d stay home with her. Bella then, started to see that Renee was a little sad from Phil being so, they decided Bella would stay with Charlie for awhile. Renee was a little hesitant at first, but Bella soon persuaded her to let her go.

“Golden eyes...” Bella mumbled, once again, in her sleep. She started tossing a little bit more. As she did I stood a little straighter, concerned and curious. “Bronze hair...”

My curiosity beat me and I climbed down from my tree, and crossed the yard, to her window. I climbed in through the window. I looked over to her bed and was once again shruck by her beauty.

I slowly walked over to the bed and knelt beside it.

With extra carefulness, I brought my hand up and gently stroked her cheek with the back of my hand. She stirred slightly, but didn’t wake up.

“Edward...” She whispered. The way my name sounded coming from her would probably make my heart stop if it was still beating.

Without really thinking, I slowly leaned in and very carefully, I pressed my lips to hers.

I felt a little movement coming from Bella, and then I felt her kiss me back.

I pulled back slightly, and opened my eyes to make sure I wasn’t just imagining things. From the sight of Bella’s chocolate brown eyes and small smile, I could tell I wasn’t.

I leaned back to her and kissed her with more passion this time, and right away she was returning it.

Slowly, without breaking the kiss, I climbed onto the bed and pulled her on top. With every passing second, the kiss grew more and more heated.

There was no way I could think of the right and wrong in what I could feel was about to start. Not with my Bella in my arms.

Bella’s hands started to undo the buttons to my shirt. I could feel her hands shaking as she tried. After a minute, her hands stopped shaking and she was able to get the buttons undone. In another minute my shirt was lying on the floor beside the bed.

She trailed her hands up and down my chest, and I moved my lips away from hers and left small kisses in a trail going down her neck to her collar bone. I moved a hand up her arm and pushed a sleeve to the side and kissed down her shoulder.

My other hand went down to the hem of her shirt and I slowly started to pull it up over her head.

Her shirt was in the accumulating pile beside the bed.