"I've been doing pretty well, Mike," I said chuckling as Calum pulled me in for a hug as well.

"Hey, Kate," he said sighing. I looked up at him and frowned.

"Hi, Cal! What's wrong?" I replied, squeezing him tighter.

I could see it on his face that something was bothering him, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what. He was always so happy all the time, so I was confused.

"Nothing, I'm fine," he responded quickly. I could tell he was lying, but I decided to drop it.

"You better not be lying to me," I said sternly. He nodded, and I gave him a light peck on the cheek.

"Hey, it's not like I'm standing right here or anything," Luke said loudly. That got all of our attentions.

We ran over to where Luke was standing and tackled him into a group hug.

"Hi, Lucas. We still love you, even if you didn't show up to band practice," Ashton said giggling. We all laughed, but Luke just huffed.

After a few seconds, we all pulled away and sat down in our booth. It was one of those round booths where a lot of people could fit. Ashton was sitting next to Michael who was next Calum, and he was sitting next to Luke and I. I took a spot on the end.

"So, what are we going to order?" Michael spoke up.

"Let's get a bucket of fried chicken and two orders of large potato wedges for our sides," Ashton declared.

Since Ashton worked at KFC before, he knew about all of the good stuff, so every time we came, we let him pick.

"Okay. I'll go order it," I said, sliding out of the booth.

I walked up to the counter to order our food, but I stopped in my tracks when I saw a person I thought I'd never see again. Lexi.

I decided that I was going to keep it cool, for the sake of my friends having a good night. I carried on walking forward and stopped when I got a few inches away from the counter. Lexi looked up, and her eyes went wide.

Instead of reacting, I put a smile on my face, ready to order our food.

"Hi, I would like to order your ten piece bucket of drumsticks, two large sides of potato wedges, and five medium cups," I said, still smiling.

"Okay," she said logging my order onto her pad. "Your total is twenty-one forty-seven. Name?" she said with a straight face. Her customer service was awful, but maybe it was just because she knew me and didn't like me.

"Katherine," I responded blandly, handing her my cash. She handed me the five cups in return, and I walked off.
.
.
.
Once I got back to the booth my friends and I were sharing, I gave them their cups. They all darted off to the drink machines except Calum. He just sat there staring at the table.

"Calum?" I called. He looked up at me and gave me a small smile.

"What's up?" He responded.

"That's what I'd like to know. What's wrong with you, and don't say you're fine because you and I both know that's a load of crap," I scolded. He sighed, before responding.

"I don't know, Kate. I guess I just have a lot on my plate," he confessed with a frown.

"What do you mean you have a lot on your plate?" I asked.

"I don't know. My mind has just been running wild lately," he said, head hung low.

"Why? With what?," I questioned.