Fighting for a chance *Marcus Flint *

"Danielle," Oliver called. As I pulled my dirty blonde hair up. "How's my favorite Hufflepuff today?"

"I'm good Oliver you?" I smile at him he had his quidditch robes on. I nod following him to the field we meet up with everyone on the way.

"Good just trying to get the team ready." We passed the Slytherins on the way down they where headed back up to the castle. I caught a glimpse of their captain Marcus. I felt my cheeks heat up as he caught me staring at him. Sweat dripped down his face giving almost a shine. I looked away quickly from Marcus. "I don't know why you like him." Oliver shakes his head.

"Cause I do Oliver. He is attractive athletic..." I begin.

"You just described me and you don't like me." He cocked a eyebrow." And I am nice."

"You don't know anything about him. You just know he is Slytherin and plays dirty in quidditch." I glare at him.

"And you do?" His tone turn snarky.

"Yes I do. I had charms with him last year and he was my partner. He was very helpful and nice to me." I turn back to the castle not wanting to argue with him anymore. Ever since I told him about my crush being Marcus I feel like that's all we do. I go to my dorm to study for the night.

Oliver's Pov:

A few weeks have went by and Danielle has been ignoring me. I was sitting in potions my partner out sick so I sat alone in silence. I heard someone say Danielle's name it caught my attention.

"Yeah... Danielle from Hufflepuff sixth year. That's who he likes." It was some Slytherin kids I didn't know.

"I never pictured him with a Hufflepuff." The blonde girl said to the brunette.

"It is odd of Marcus don't you think?" The other girl shook her head. Wait Marcus Flint... likes Danielle. No it has to be someone else. I sat in the great hall when I saw Danielle came in for lunch I wave her over she didn't sit with me she sat at the Hufflepuff table I guess she needs so time to cool off. Maybe i should just go apologize but when I went to get up. I noticed Marcus went over to her. She smiled and giggled at him before he walked off after a few minutes. I walked out of the great hall I waited for Marcus.

"Marcus!" I called he came over.

"What?" He grumbled.

"I know you like Danielle, I overheard some girls talking about. You need to leave her alone." I state firmly.

"Yeah I do like her and it seems like she likes me too. How bout you mind your own business Wood." He smirks and goes to walk off. I grab his arm I wasn't done talking to him and pull him back quite aggressively. He turns and glares at my hand.

"I advise you to let me go," He states bluntly.

"Why what are you going to do about it." He elbows me and next thing I know we are at it fighting a crowd forms around us.

Danielle Pov:

I was walking out of the great hall when I noticed a crowd. I pushed my way through to see Oliver and Marcus fighting.

"Knock it off you two right now." I yell trying to get in between them. I stand in between them they where still very pissed. I wasn't sure if jumping in was the best ideal at this point. I looked at the two of them. "What the hell was this about?"

"Your boyfriend is mad I like you." Marcus said.

"Boyfriend Oliver is not my boyfriend. We are just good friends." I state shaking my head.

"Oliver you started this? I'm disappointed in both of you." I sigh walking off.

The next day Oliver apologized said he was in the wrong. I accepted knowing giving him the cold shoulder forever wasn't the most adult behavior.

I was walking through the hall on my free period. When I heard someone run up behind me I turned to see Marcus. "Yes?" I ask.

"I'm sorry," He hands me a wildflower. I smile at him." I hope I didn't ruin my chances of asking you out?"

"Yes, I would love to go out with you." I smile kissing his cheek. He smiled at me and we walked down the hallway talking.