Loggrapes Suggestion Part 1

Summary:
Hide does not know about Kaneki being a ghoul, he instead finds out a different way. How will he react? Especially since he's a part of the CCG.
Notes:
From the suggestion by Loggrapes, for one, thank you this was a great idea and I love it, secondly, I'm making this two parts because there needs to be more for this and I wanted to update sooner.
Thank you again and enjoy part one and I hope you look forward to part 2!
Again, if you have any suggestions, headcanons, or aus you want to share, message me or comment below!

Inside a bustling coffee shop, two young men enjoy coffee together chatting away about their lives, jobs; anything they can think about to pass the time and make their meeting last just a bit longer. One was an energetic boy musing to the ears of his dearest friend. A simple-looking boy who was quietly and intently listening to his friend's exuberant stories.

"... and they have these really cool things called Quinques that they use, I probably shouldn't tell you this stuff, but you're my best friend. I trust you," Hide giggled and took another sip of his coffee. He yelped at the burning sensation. Hearing about these top secret stories Kaneki realized that Hide had started on a path in his life that he would never have predicted, not in a hundred years. Hide joined the CCG; a terrifyingly influence corporation dedicated to the eradication of Ghouls. It wasn't surprising that Hide would be talking about his job secrets with Kaneki, but considering the kind of work he might be doing made Kaneki shiver. "The uniform's kind of boring, so I try not to wear it too much when I don't need to," Hide laughed.

Kaneki grinned, scratching at the space beneath his eyepatch lightly. "You really shouldn't be telling me anything Hide," he agreed. "What if I sold you out to your boss or to some random guy on the street?"

Hide gasped, "what?! No! You wouldn't! Would you? If you did I'd totally be fired!" He put a hand next to his mouth and leaned in close so only Kaneki could hear him whisper "or worse," across the table. Hide winked at the shocked face staring back at him. He also included a playful whine and his signature puppy eyes that made Kaneki weak to laughing fits. "You scare me sometimes man. You really won't tell anyone though right?"

"My lips are sealed," Kanek made the physical motion of locking his lips and throwing away the key.

Hide sighed and slumped into his chair dramatically. "I'm getting one today," he jumped up suddenly. Kaneki almost spilled his drink. "My own Quinque I mean. I wanted to tell you that."

Kaneki set down his cup careful not to show his shaky hands. "Your own?" he asked.

"Yeah! I'm getting a promotion!" Hide giggled in excitement as Kaneki watched him in silent awe, imagining the shape his friend's future was being molded into.

He watched him drink his beverage in his CCG uniform, helmet at his side as they sat and talked in the lightly-crowded cafe, he wasn't scared of Hide, he knew that he wouldn't try to hurt him if he found out he was a ghoul, but Hide was such a good soul, there was no telling if he'd report him to higher ups. Kaneki shook his head in an attempt to rid himself of the thought, but no matter what, he was worried, he hoped Hide was what he believed he'd be; loyal and trustworthy.

"I'm great at keeping secrets Kaneki!" Hide burst out through his rant of excitement, "in fact this one time my friend told me... well, I'm not going to tell you what he said hahaha, but the point is, I haven't spilled it to a single person since 3rd grade!" He then reached across the table to hold onto Kaneki's shoulders, "I wanna show you when I get it! My Quinque."

"Ah... Ok, " Kaneki gave a toothy smile, "I can't wait to see it Hide."

"Alright!" Hide downed the rest of his coffee, grabbed his gear, and waved goodbye as he ran out the door to Anteiku.