Actor!Au

Note: Hey guys! As I continue getting a further education for writing, I'm going back and editing the pieces I published, so don't be too surprised to see changes in them! Thank you so much for reading! <3 

        Screaming bounced off and into every nook and crevice around and inside the two bodies. Visibly suffering from bruises, fractures, cuts in his body, clothes, and the like Kaneki cracked his knuckle the same way his torturer did before subjecting him to unspeakable amount of pain. His ominous glare made the air around him heavy and flatten the two as he put a finger carefully to his lips. "Shhhhhhh..." He inched closer careful to make his steps absolutely and deafeningly silent. "Be quiet when I'm talking," the edges of his lips curled up slightly. Kaneki had the upper hand, the ace was in his sleeve and there was no way he'd back down now.

        An acute moment. Kaneki, broken and clinging onto life by animal instinct alone and Jason, quivering in fear at the Ghoul's new-found confidence and strength. The pressure could slice bread and before Kaneki could make another move-

        "CUT!!" The loud snap of wood on wood rang out through the set. Blinding lights replaced the dark mood lighting to reveal a heavily populated studio surrounding false grey walls and the two bloodied actors in the middle. Workers with booms, mics, and cameras at almost every angle relaxed rubbing out their aches of the day. Make up artists waited on stand-by for touch-ups in the recesses of the studio, out of the way of other volunteers and employees rushing to give the cast water and running errands for the director. The director was sitting with his legs crossed on a tall wooden folding chair and a worn out script in his lap. "We'll keep going in 5 minutes! Great work!" he announced before burying his face back in his script while the actors took their break.

        "That was good," Jason held his hand out for Kaneki to help him up off the floor. "I actually got chills that time; something like the pressure in the room was crazy high you know?" Jason smacked the coyly smirking Kaneki on the shoulder once he was up. "I gotta admit it would be terrifying if you were a real ghoul," he laughed.

        Kaneki laughed in return. Nervously avoiding the topic by bowing, and saying his 'thank you's'.

        Jason gave a slight bow in return before sauntering away toward a group of young girls holding magazines and plates of water bottles. Kaneki turned the other direction past a group who gave him shallow congratulations and into the room that held his costumes, props, makeup, and everyday attire.

        Inside, waiting on the used couch scrolling on his phone was a bright young boy with abnormally yellow hair obviously dyed as his dark roots were growing out. Fellow actor and friend Hideyoshi Nagachika dropped his phone on the table in front of him and threw out his arms at the sight of the worn out Kaneki. "You keep getting better and better!" The boy in yellow clasped onto Kaneki's hands. "I saw everything on the screen back here like it was already a movie! I'm so jealous of your talent Ken!" he beamed.

        Kaneki's fingers intertwined with his and he tried to suppress an embarrassed grin. "Thanks Hide, but don't doubt yourself because of me. You have great amounts of talent yourself that I wish I had..."

        Hide grinned, lightly pulled Kaneki to him, and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "Just take the compliment already dummy," he said. The entire cast already knew they were dating, it was no secret that the two childhood friends were seeing each other. They never tried to hide it, every one in their department was very accepting to that fact. Hide liked to pretend it was a secret though. Especially when it came to kissing Kaneki he said it made things "more exciting" compared to the boring every day routine. It was not a problem for Hide in terms of appearance or work, but Kaneki would end up blushing so furiously he would need an extra layer of makeup just to go on with their filming looking normal.