Anger and Attraction Part 6

Start from the beginning

I applied some make up bit of Smokey eye and my signature red lipstick and stepped on front of the floor length mirror that Murr used to admire his new bow ties. Damn Maggie I thought to myself for someone who never felt pretty you look pretty damn good tonight. The Knee length purple dress and soft black lace band around my waist outlined my curves properly. I attached some ear rings as I pouted to myself in the mirror. I totally wasn't doing all this to impress Q.. Was I? I didn't have time to answer that thought as I heard a key turn in the door as the sound four very loud and very hungry gentlemen make their presence known. I pulled on my heels and made my way out to greet the guys.

"Where's our Irish?!?" I heard Joe call followed by the distinctive laughter of Sal.

There was a stunned silence when I emerged from my room waved to the guys the silence made me edgy "Is it too much?" I murmured, Joe was the first to speak "Fellas our little Irish has pulled a Cinderella on us" I blushed so hard at the comment I hadn't yet made eye contact with Brian I was just going to let him soak it all in I felt so confident

"Psst Sal close your mouth dude jeez" Murr hissed at Vulcano before turning to me "what smells so good?"

"Oh feck the food, come sit" I motioned towards the dining table "you have to tell me everything!" I rushed off to the kitchen catching Brains gaze as I passed. My heart was beating so hard I could barely keep still I felt like a hummingbird. I served the food and took a seat beside Murr despite my developing feelings for Q, I had missed James the most it wasn't as fun watching films by myself and having nobody to chat too late at night and the way his little baby face lit up when I asked him about this day. "So! What did you four get up to?"

"It was incredible Maggie" Joe began "I've never felt so alive than being on those stages listening to people laugh at my jokes"

"Erm our jokes?" Sal notified

"Yeah yeah these three had input I guess"

"Joe tell Maggie what you did to Sals hotel room" Q shouted across the table

"Oh guys" Murr whined "not while we're eating"

"Speaking of eating this food is delicious!" Sal praised.

"Not as delicious as your Mom" Q announced gaining a smug high five from Joe

"Or your sister!" Murr added the 3 guys erupted into an unending laughter Poor Sals face only grew redder he had warmed to me a lot more since I moved in he still always spoke with the same soft voice but we talked a lot more and even hung out together when he came by the shop, sometimes he would quiz me on my intentions with "his Brian" and I plain faced lied him it was only harmless flirting because I was pretty sure he was feeding what I said back to Q.

I sat enjoying my food and just smiling I had missed these guys so much. Hearing them argue like brothers competing for a toy was so amusing

"Is it a home recipe?" Murr asked between bites

"You could say that" I teased

"You never talk about home Maggie what's it like?" Brian inquired

"This is my home now I don't need to talk about it" I waved off the auestion as I chewed on a piece of tortilla

"But I mean back in Ireland?" he continued

"I know what you mean Brian."

"But really you must have some stories? Siblings and parents?"

"I told you I don't want to fucking talk about it okay?!" I had hit boiling point I collected the dishes in silence and stomped off to the kitchen tears stinging my eyes why couldn't he just leave it alone. The silence around the dinner table was broken after a minute or so when they started talking about their favourite parts of the tour

I stood in the kitchen sipping wine and wiping the mascara that had ran, "this is your home now Maggie, this is where you belong" I told myself

"You look beautiful tonight you know"

A deep voice from behind had me spinning round to see the sad apologetic face of Q "well" I sniffed "not too much right now"

"I always think so" he reassured. "I'm really sorry I made you mad at me" he looked as feet as he spoke I'd never seen him so insecure.

"Its fine buddy" I petted his scruffy hair "your precious babies really missed you y'know"

He gave a slight smile stepping a little nearer to me "I hope you missed me too" he winked

"I might of just a little" I looked up at him biting my lip.

"I missed you" he stood so close I could smell the vague smell of body spray and his shampoo he looked me deep in the eyes as he pressed his lips to mine. I felt his beard scratch my face as I ran my fingers through his hair pulling him closer as he slid his arms around my waist. The butterflies in my stomach where high and flying now all I could think of was him nothing else was real in that moment.

We pulled apart and just gazed each other not really knowing what to say he still held me close I wanted him so bad but the voice of anxiety kicked in again telling me it was wrong, that he was my friend I was going to ruin everything having feelings for him "I'm so sorry Q" I whispered as I pulled from his grip leaving him breathless and alone in the kitchen.

I returned to the three remaining friends as they sat on the sofas laughing over Murrs failed attempt to woo a girl at one of their shows after parties

"Seriously buddy" Sal said between laughs "she couldn't have gotten away fast enough if she could fly"

"Oh leave him alone Vulcano he'll find a perfectly nice woman before you ever will" I defended, Sal made a face at me sticking his tongue out to which I done the same in return. After what had happened in the kitchen I felt far too over dressed to just be chilling with the guys I wandered back to my room to change when I passed Q just leaving my bedroom he didn't say a word as he passed by me the familiar scent of the embrace I once held with him drifting by.

I pulled on my most oversized hoodie over my dress and sat down on the bed to gather my thoughts I was so conflicted on one hand I wanted this absolutely gorgeous man and on the other I couldn't forgive myself If I ruined one of the best friendships I'd ever had with these four guys. I threw myself back on to the bed grabbing a pillow to scream into that's when I noticed the small unfamiliar wrapped package placed carefully on my favourite side of the bed I opened it up to reveal a soft cuddly replica of Benjamin cat. It was the sweetest thing I held it tight realising it smelled just like Brian too.

I returned to the group with my mini Benji stuffed in my pocket. Seeing that Q had decided to join us again I curled up on the Sofa beside Joe to which he quipped "Careful Irish I'm almost a bound man" I gave him a playful hit and retreated into the safeness of fitting as much of me inside my hoodie as I could.

*******

I walked the guys to the door as Murr cleaned up the empty bottles and chip packets strewn around the place. Joe gave me a kiss on the cheek and Sal granted me a friendly if slightly awkward hug and bid me goodnight Brian shuffled in the hallway mulling over whether he should hug me or not. I pulled him to me wrapping my arms around his waist as he engulfed me in warmth as we pulled away I waved Mini Benji at him mouthing "Thank you" Q said nothing just giving me a cheeky wink and walked towards the elevator.

etTim1 ~<�C�