Chapter 3

"My first day ever of Palm Woods High School without you, Desty! Ever! I don't know how I'll get through it," Miranda exclaimed as we dropped her off at Palm Woods.

As soon as she got out of the car, she grabbed my wrist and pulled me out with her. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"I have a surprise," she smiled.

I rolled my eyes as I was dragged into the school courtyard. Miranda stopped me in front of the cheerleading team, along with Karla and my two other friends, Aubrey, and her twin brother, Austin. As I stopped walking, Karla said, "Ready, okay!" Oh boy...

"C-O-N-G-R-A-T-Z, D-E-S-T-I-N-E-E! Destinee, you got the beat. This is by far your greatest feat. Singing, dancing, all day long. You'll wow the others with your songs! We know you're gonna go far! Desty you're a shooting star!" they all cheered. I couldn't help but shake my head at them and smile. I also couldn't stop the tears welling in my eyes as they finished.

"You're our shooting star, Desty!" Miranda told me, hugging me and setting off a chain reaction. A second later I was attacked in a giant group bear hug. I couldn't blink back my tears any longer.

After a few minutes, I heard a loud car horn honking. It was Ross. I looked at my friends sadly.

"Go on! Get out of here! You need to actually physically go to that school if you want to be the star that you are!" Sam laughed. I smiled and hugged everyone one last time before hopping into Ross's car.

I looked out the window solemnly to see all my friends waving me off, supportive smiles on their faces. I felt another tear trickle down my cheek. Man, was I going to miss this school.

I spent the whole car ride flipping trough pictures of my years with Miranda, the cheerleading team,

the softball team, and all of my friends from Palm Woods High. Sure I'd still see them, but it would be a lot less frequently. It probably wasn't the best thing to do to help me cope, but it passed the time.

When I felt the car stop, I looked out the window. My eyes went wide. A mix of emotions flooded me. Excitement, anticipation, shock, fear, awe. Then the weirdest thing popped into my brain. Something I'd never felt before.

I felt a lack of confidence in myself. I took a look at all of the people and immediately thought of how much better than me they must be. I gulped, closed my eyes, and took deep breaths. I auditioned for the school, an they accepted me. That has to mean they think I'm good.

"Ready?" Ross asked, breaking me out of my thoughts and pulling me into realization. I had to do this. I had to prove to my mother that this was meant for me. I had to make my friends and family proud. I had to prove to myself that I could make it.

I stepped out of the car, swung my backpack over my shoulder, breathed, and followed Ross through the doors and into the school where dreams are made.

*****************************

(BTW- there has been a huge time skip, if you haven't realized. The first two chapters were in June, now it's September and she's going to school. Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone! O-O)

I hoped you liked it! I feel like it's short, but I'm on my iPod so j cant really tell...

Thanks for all the votes and comments and everything guys! They really make my day =)

Seeya in the next chapter! You'll be introduced to new characters made by some lovely Wattpad-ers! I look forward to finding a place for them all!!!!!!!

Bye my little... Um... No idea what to call you guys... Uh. Hmm. I'll think of something ;)

SEEYA!!!! =D