Chapter 2

I woke up at eight o' clock and my mom had already left for work. I sat on the couch anxiously. I didn't really do anything for the next hour besides play Pocket God and listen to music on my iPod. Then I decided it was a better idea to just watch TV all day. Why couldn't she have waited a little longer before leaving?

At three-thirty, my phone rang. I quickly checked the caller I.D. It was my best friend, Miranda. "Hello?"

"Hey!" she greeted. "Are you coming to help with the cheer camp today?"

I shook my head, even though she couldn't see me. "I wasn't planning on going."

"Can you come down, please? We need a flyer, and you're closest to the school! Chelsea bailed last minute!" she begged. "Please! We can't let down the little kids!"

I rolled my eyes. "I suppose I'll be down there shortly, then."

"Thank you so much, Dusty!"

"Yeah, whatever, Randy. Seeya!" I hung up and hurried to my room. I grabbed a pair of pink running shorts and my yellow competition cheerleading shirt. After throwing my hair up into a ponytail, I slipped on a pair of shoes and ran out of my house, grabbing the keys to our pickup in the process.

If I walked, it took a short five minutes to get to the school, but I decided to get there in less than a minute by means of driving. As soon as I was parked, I sent Ross a quick text telling him I was at the cheer camp.

When I walked into the gym, Miranda engulfed me in a hug.

"So what did your parents say?" she asked me, tucking a strand of her brown hair behind her ear.

I shrugged. "My dad told me he would talk to mom about it. He was fine with it, she had a problem. They want me to be valedictorian."

Miranda rolled her eyes. "Well if it means anything to you, I want you to go. Even though I don't know how I'll live without you," she only half-joked. "Anyway, thanks for coming. When Chels called, Karla freaked."

Karla was our cheerleading coach. She was like an older sister to all of us. I would say a second mother, but she was only 28.

Soon, little girls started piling in the gym. "Alright, girls! Come over here and have a seat!" Karla shouted. All the girls sat in front of Karla. "Welcome to cheer camp! I'm Karla Johanson, as many of you know, and for the next few weeks, me and my cheerleaders are going to teach you the basics about being cheerleading! First, let's introduce the girls."

"I'm Gia Hall," Gia smiled. "I'm sixteen, and I'm a base.

"I'm Cassie Briggs. I'm seventeen, and I'm also a base," Cassie said, waving to the kids.

"I'm Miranda Clauson. I'm almost sixteen," my best friend told them. "I am a back."

Next it was my turn. "Hi, I'm Destinee Schultz," I introduced myself, smiling. "I am sixteen and I'm a flyer!"

Last was our nominated captain, Sam. "Hey, guys! I'm Samantha Wilde, but most people just call me Sam. I'm going to be nineteen, and I'm the team captain. I'll be Karla's assistant today!"

We started off by teaching them the dance they would perform at the town fair and a football game. That's basically what we did that whole day.

Before we left, Karla and Sam split up Gia, Cassie, Miranda, and me into groups with anywhere between five to eight girls. We would be working with them the next few practices.

"Alright, girls! Thank you for joining us today! See you guys in a week!" Karla smiled as we finished camp that day. All the girls left soon after, along with us.

Since Miranda an I were neighbors, I drove her home. Right when I parked the truck, I froze at the sight of a gold car. My mom was home. "Randy?" I said.

"Yeah, Dusty?"

"Can you come with me? You know, for moral support?" I asked.

She gave me a smile. "Duh!"

We walked inside my house together. Miranda waited by the door. "So, Mom? Have you decided?" I asked her when she came up from doing laundry in the basement.

My mother looked at me sympathetically. That wasn't a good sign. I still looked at her hopefully, though. "Honey, there's no easy way to say this, but-" My face fell. I had been dreading those words. "You're going to Galaxy!"

Wait... What did she just say? "Are you serious?" I asked, shocked.

She smiled and nodded. "As serious as I'll ever be."

I started screaming. I wrapped my arms around my mom. I took a step back, looked at Miranda, and have her a thumbs-up sign. She did the exact same thing I did when my mom said those four words.

"What's going on down here?" Ross asked, sounding tired and annoyed.

"I'm going to Galaxy!" I yelled, attacking my brother in a hug. I figured I was crying from excitement, so I wiped my eyes.

I was going to Galaxy Arts, Where Stars Are Born!

********************************************

Hey guys! I never did an author's note in chapter one, so why not have one in chapter two?! Sorry it's short and boring! Fiiiiilllleeeeerrrr! And a very bad filler at that! Next chapter SHOULD be better I think!

BTW- the reason the words "where stars are born" are capitalized is because its the slogan of the school, and I have non idea if its supposed to be capitalized or not, so it is :D

Hope you enjoyed it!

Vote•Comment•Fan•Etc. if you liked it! You don't have to; just a much appreciated step!(:

Seeya in the next chapter, guys!