Chapter Three

***I tried to make this as long as I can***

A P H M A U

"Laurence?"I yelled, knocking on his door.
I heard the sound of shuffling sheets from the other side, with a loud creak.
"Laurence?Open the door,"I said,"Laure-!"
The door flew open, and I saw Laurence.I've never seen such a mess of a man, red eyes sagged with darkened bags, pale skin turned paler, and a face of utter misery washed away with tears.This was the mess of another Laurence.
"Laurence,"I said slowly,"What happened?"
"I...,"He looked away and sighed,"...was out doing Gaurd duties and...a boar...startled me and...I fell"
I stared into his eyes,"Laurence...,I know you're not telling me the truth"
He was trying hard not to look at me, and not let the ocean he held in his eyes flood his cheeks,"Aphmau, it's nothing I just haven't gotten sleep..."
My head screamed that was a lie, but my voice urged it was the truth,"Ok, get more sleep then, ok?"
He nodded,"I gotta go see Dante, excuse me  Lady Aphmau"
I moved to the side and watched him walk out the house.Every step he took, I regretted.Sighing, I turned and went the other direction;rubbing my temples.My thoughts and concerns of Laurence were pounding in my head.
He looks horrible...
Should I do something?What if he does something...No I-he wouldn't-arrrrggghhhh!
I realized I had hit the side of the wall, all my anger seething out of my clenched fist;staining the wooden walls.
"Dang it Laurence,"I dropped my head,"You know how much I care about you!"
I clenched my fist tighter, fighting tears.
Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder.Nearly jumping back, I turned and brought out my sword.
Malachi looked at me, hand floating where my shoulder used to be;eyes widening.
"Gah, Malachi, I nearly sliced you in half,"I cried,"Don't scare me like that!"
Malachi dropped his hand, eyes returning to normal,"Sorry, mom, I meant to talk to you about...,"he looked away,"..something"
I put away my sword, raising a brow,"What's this...something?"
"I don't mean to alarm you,"he said,"I just believe it's something urgent"
I nodded, sighing and running my hands through my hair,"Ok,"I exhaled,"where do we go?"
"Follow me"he snapped his hands around my wrist and we bolted down the stairs.
"H-hey!"I yelped,"where are we going?"
"You'll see"Malachi said.
We ran to the edge of the wall, looking out to see...Laurence?!
"Watch"He said.
I watched, Laurence brought out a strange book.He read from it, turning a few pages before closing it and sighing.He then took off.
"H-hey Where is he going?!"I yelled.
"Shhh,"Malacai seethed,"I think we should go follow him"
"Y-yeah-but,"I sighed,"Okay, let's go...
We climbed down the wall, flipping the switch to open it, and jogged through.We ran through several trees and wild life before we ran into the portal,"The portal?!"I cried.
Malacai 'shh'ed me again.
I gulped,"What does he want with this?"
"Just watch"Malachi said.
We watched, Laurence walked slowly to the portal, a strange amulet in his hand.He stared down at it, before looking back at the portal."I'm doing this for Aphmau, me, and everyone that cares deeply for you,"He started,"I know that it's...reckless, but, just remember..."
He smashed the amulet on the portal and it activated.I watched the red gleam in my horrified eyes,"What?!"I whisper-yelled,"what?!"
"We have to stop him!"Malachi yelled, urgency in his voice, he brought out his sword and charged.
I followed, bringing out my sword,"Malachi wait!"
Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks;a gasp emitting from his lips."Malachi, what's wro-"I stopped dead right next to him.
We watched, suddenly planted to the ground.Every limb in my body felt heavy, I felt like I was paralyzed,"Wh-what's happening?!"I yelled.
Malachi didn't speak, he just stared dead infront of him.
"Malachi-!"I gasped.
Laurence brought his hands to his nose, scooping up a dark red liquid.Suddenly, he started coughing;blood spouting out of his mouth.He fell to his knees, one hand on his stomach, the other on his mouth and nose.More blood seeped out of him and stained everything around him.
Suddenly, dark figures appeared around him, enclosing him in a circle.
"Don't touch him!"I shrieked.
It was too late, they had vanished in a ripple;disappearing with Laurence and releasing me and Malachi, who stumbled to the ground.The impact was so hard, and all the energy I had seeped out quickly when we were released.
The world was fading, and my friends were fading.

--------------

A/N:Well that escalated quickly, I hope it wasn't too morbid(it gets worse)^-^; ehhh~anyway, I made this one a lot longer - probably my longest chapter so far :3 anyway that's all for now, bye guys