Even if it means a life without me...

Now all I could say back to Amanda was, "No."

Just that simple one word response left her in confusion. It was no surprise, for I was confused myself. "W-what? What do you mean 'no'?" She asked, trembling over her words.

"No. I won't let you die. I can't---I just can't." I protested in eagerness, almost leading me to the point where I wanted to scream out of my agony.

Amanda sighed in distress, while slowly bowing her head. It was clear that she was just in much distress as I was.

"Peter, we can't do anything. "She assured, vaguely shaking her head as water starting to rest on her brown eyes. "There's no other way."

And then I couldn't take it anymore.

"But there is."

~Amanda's POV~

"But there is."

The words smoothly sprung out of Peter's mouth, but the regretting, quiet tone in his voice made me feel nervous. You would think that I would be ecstatic hearing that there was a way for me to live, but I wasn't. I know for a fact that there is always a price.

"You mean I can live? Alexander too?" I asked, with my eyes slightly widened.

"Yes......but it comes with a massive price. For you and for me."

"What is it?"

Peter sighed, indicating that whatever he was going to say wasn't going to be at all good. This scared me. "You will no longer have your powers, but you will live."

Oh God. Okay, stay calm. I can survive without my powers. In the beginning, I wished to never have powers in the first place, so I guess this is what I deserve right?

Let's just hope that there is not another, dreadful price.

"Wait, there's 2 more things." Peter added before I could react to anything. "You would have to leave Neverland, and never return. You would go back to the real world."

Oh God. Amanda, just breath. Control your emotions. Do not break down. I repeat, do not break down. Simply take a deep breath. Wherever I end up, Peter and Alexander can visit...right?

Now, what could be the last thing?

It can't be worse.....right?

"And...all of your memories of Neverland will be wiped away. For good."

Then my heart was tied by a rope to a brick and it sank into the bottom of the ocean.

The lower it sank, the more fragile it became.

So fragile, that it was breakable.

There, it started ripping apart.

Piece by piece.

Soon, every last bit of it wandered in the ocean.

Then, the heart became nothing more

than just the rope that tied onto it.

At least, that's what it felt like.

It was then when I snapped back into reality when I felt a single tear slowly making it to my neck. I'm surprised that I'm not sobbing or breaking down like I thought I would.

I guess it's because I knew it would end like this.

Maybe. Just maybe....it's supposed to be this way.

They say we get the love we deserve.

Maybe both Peter and I deserve this...

I just don't get why I have to forget.

Forget Peter. Forget my father. Forget the adventures. Forget the love. Forget everything.

So what is the point of living, if I'm going to forget all of the best memories I have ever had?

"I would rather choose death than forgetting." I truthfully told Peter, while I was mentally falling apart.

But I wasn't the only one. Peter, the so-called 'heart less boy', felt a rush of woe in an instant. "No. I won't let you die. I won't allow that to happen." Peter claimed, in absolute grief that I chose the first option.

"What's the point of living if I'm just going to forget all of the good things?"

The distance between Peter and I was shortening by the minute. "Amanda, you have to listen to me. There is so much the world has to offer. Not this world, but the real world. So many good things will come to you." He said with a delicate smile at the end.

"How are you so sure?" I asked so lightly, it can be considered a whisper.

The distance was diminishing once more as his body was becoming closer to mine, almost to the point where you can hear his heart beat.

"I just am."

"B-but I'm still gonna forge--"

But I was interrupted by his hands meeting my cheeks, which were getting incredibly warm at the moment, "Shh." He softly stroked my cheek. "Your brain may forget, but I know your heart will always remember."

"Because you can never forget first loves..." I whispered the phrase to myself.

Peter smiled. He really smiled. "Exactly."

I couldn't help but smile too. After all of the torment that went on in both of our heads, I think we really needed a smile to left up our spirits. Yes, I am heartbroken that I will have to go back to the real world and forget my life in Neverland, but I know somewhere deep down, it will be remembered.

"So, Peter, how much time do I have left before I have to go?"

"3 days. You will have to leave before the sun sets on the third day." He answered.

I was breath taken, not by happiness or sadness. Just amazement on how much time I have left. "Wow. Seems like so much time, yet so little."

"Well then, let's make up our time shall we?" Peter opened his hand for me to take it.

And take it I did.

"We shall."