Chapter 11

I was in front of a small, light-brown house.  The yelling of two people filled my ears. It sounded like a man and a woman. The door of the house was wide open. Being my curious self, I go inside. I step inside the house it leads to the living room first. Next to the living room, was the kitchen.  There, I spot a woman and man arguing back and forth. The woman was in a vintage, black dress, wearing red lipstick and dark brown hair.  She almost resembles me.....but with shorter hair. The man had buzz cut hair, but I couldn't make out the face. It was just a blur.

The two of them continued shouting at each other not knowing I'm there. I look to the side of the living room and see a baby, well more like a toddler. The toddler was in some cage. Why would they put a toddler in a cage?! That is just wrong! I go up to the couple and yell, 

"Hey! You can't just keep that child in that horrible cage!" 

 But they don't hear me. It's like I'm invisible. I leaned in closely to their faces and notice that the woman doesn't look like an adult.  She looks more like a teenager, around 18 I assume.  And by the sound of the man's voice, he was a teenager too.  I stood in front of the two, listening to their argument.

"I can't do this anymore!" The man screamed in rage. I still can't make out the face though...

"You can't just leave me! We have a child!" The woman cried out.

"I can't be a father at 19! I want a good future and this child is only gonna make my life miserable, which it already has!"  

"I can't raise this baby alone! My parents kicked me out and you are the only one I have left!" The woman was in tears. 

"Shut up Kathy!" Oh, so the woman's name is Kathy. Then the still unrecognizable man starts drinking from a beer bottle. Kathy became more enraged by this.  All of sudden, she slaps him right in the face. Right when she slapped him, she started backing up in fear, as if she had seen a ghost.  Kathy was breathing heavily and looked frightened.

The man throws the beer bottle, attempting to make the bottle hit her.  It luckily misses. Kathy ran out of the living room to a bedroom.  She slams the door, but the man makes it in.  The door was opened slightly and I could see the man take a belt out.  Oh no he better not.  Before I could go inside the bedroom, the door is shut and locked.

"Stop!" I continuously shouted while banging the door, but nothing.  It was already too late. I knew from the sounds of whipping and screaming, Kathy was getting beaten.

I woke up in shock with, my heart beating fast. I let out a deep breath and rub my sweaty forehead. Thank God it was just a nightmare. Peaking out my tent, it was still dark out and the moon was still shining bright. Guess I have to go back to sleep.  Let's just hope I don't get another horrific dream.

I was outside the small house once again, but this time, it looked around the afternoon and officers surrounded the area. Oh no no no no. This can't be good. I rush inside the house and follow a voice of an officer say, "Yep she's dead." The voice leads me to the bedroom's bathroom. Oh my God. 

There she was. Kathy. Kathy face down in the bathtub filled with water. Stab marks were on her body. I try to tell the officer about the man who was beating her, but they don't notice my appearance.  I was deeply angry.  Kathy is dead because of that man.  I stormed out of the bedroom and  entered the living room.

When I found a table covered with papers, I couldn't help but forcefully throw the papers off.  But that's when I realize, what about the child?

I wander the entire house to find the child, but end up failing. I need to find that poor child!  What if the man killed her/him too? I rapidly ran out of the house and kept on running. I have no idea where I'm going, I'm just hoping I find the child. 

Passing through some trees and a road, I find myself in some town with little buildings and stores. For about thirty minutes, I search all over town to find the child. Still nothing. I decide to take a break by sitting down on the sidewalk and lean on a brick wall.

I stay there for a couple minutes, and then I finally see it. I see the man. I recognize that buzz cut and the clothes. The child was in his arms. He walked on the sidewalk right across from me and I get up to follow him to see where he is off too. After ten minutes straight, he stopped in front of a building .  

It's sign said, "Orphanage foundation." 

Oh my.  I can't believe he's giving up this child for adoption! But then again, I guess it's best to leave the child there because the man would probably be a terrible father.  The man enters the orphanage and goes inside the office, speaking to some old lady. They have a discussion on how the orphanage is and blah blah blah. That's when the lady asks,

"What is the child's gender?"

"A girl." He responded.

"Does she have a name?"  The lady asked.

"Yes. Her name is Amanda."

"Ah!" I screamed. I abruptly sat up, gasping for air. I felt extremely hot and felt the sweat resting on my forehead. I quickly wiped away the sweat with my hand. That was some nightmare. But I felt as if that really did happen. Is that what happened to me? How I ended up in an orphanage? Was that really my life? That was my mom and dad? My dad killed my mother? What did my dad even look like? All I could make out was that he was tall and had buzz cut hair.

All of a sudden, Pan stepped into the tent, interrupting my thoughts.

"Are you alright?" He asked, planting his hand on my shoulder. 

"I had a nightmare." I said, still panting.

"What kind of nightmare?"

"It was all about how I ended up in an orphanage. I saw my mom and dad. Well I didn't exactly see my dad. But, my dad......h-he killed my mother." I breathed heavily.

"Well it was just a nightmare so it probably didn't happen like that."

"No! I know it did! I could feel it. My gut says that happened, so it happened."

I criss crossed  my legs and buried my face in my hands.  I just needed to be alone.  

"Do you need to be alone right now?" It was as if Pan was a mind reader.

"Yeah I think I do."

Pan nodded and left the tent.  Once he exited, my eyes started to tear up. I can't believe that was my life. I can't believe what my mother went through.  I hate my father. I can't believe he would do that. Now all I could ask to myself is,

Where is he now?