Chapter 17

Amanda's POV

"I'm Wendy.  Wendy Darling."

Wendy Darling? The Wendy Darling?  What was she doing here?  What is she doing in this cage?  Wait, didn't she have some romance with Peter Pan in the past?  That's what I read in the story anyway.

"Wait, why are you in this cage?" I asked, trying to be quiet as possible.

"Peter.  Peter Pan locked me in here." Wendy said, appearing distressed. My mouth formed an 'O' shape in response, since my words couldn't seem to escape my mouth. I get that Peter isn't the friendliest guy, but why cage Wendy?  She seems innocent to me.

"But why?  Why would he do that to you?" 

"I don't know.  He just locked me up when he saw me."

Then, an unknown noise was heard from afar, making my head turn in flash.  Shit, I really hope that Peter isn't awake or else I can get Wendy in serious trouble, and get me in trouble as well.  I better go back before he finds me.

"Hey I gotta go, but I will come back."  I told her hastily and turned around, quietly running back to the camp. Luckily, it took me little time to go back to the tree house. When I entered, I headed straight for the kitchen.

I really need to process what just happened...and the kitchen is a great place to think. But as I entered the kitchen, Peter was already ahead of me. There he was standing right in front of the fridge, crossing his arms with a bitter expression on his face. This won't end well for me.

"H-Hi Peter," Was all I managed to say.

"Where were you?  I came to check up on you just now and you weren't there!" Peter fumed; his anger was clear as ever.  I flinched back a little from his outpouring.

"I needed some fresh air." I created an excuse that I genuinely thought he would buy.  However, by Peter's blank expression, I knew he doubted my answer. 

"You could've just went outside to the balcony instead on leaving the camp.  You should know better than to leave without my permission." He snarled, pointing to himself.

"And why wouldn't you want me to leave to camp?  Huh?"

I tapped my foot, waiting for a good response.  If Peter thinks he can hide something from me that easily, he is dead wrong.  I find things out eventually.  Within a couple more seconds, which seemed like an endless amount of time to me, Peter finally said something back.

"Because you know anything can happen in Neverland, especially in the middle of the night.  I just want to protect you Amanda." 

He always uses that god damn excuse, which I am honestly sick of hearing.  I get that I was nearly killed from Dreamshade, but I really can protect myself.   I have my magic and Peter knows how powerful it is, so if anything stands in my way, I can take it down.  To me, I think Peter uses that excuse to keep me away from knowing something.  In this case, it's Wendy.

"Really, so....there's nothing you're hiding from me or anything?"  I crossed my arms, glaring right into his green eyes, hoping it would have some sort of effect on him.

"No."  He lied. Does he think I'm that stupid?

"Bullshit!" I said rather up close to his face, not regretting my choice of words.  Peter took one step back, his eyes widened in shock.

"Excuse me?" He growled.

"You heard me.  Bullshit.  I know you caged Wendy!"  I left the kitchen and stormed to my bedroom.

"Amanda you have to let me explain!" He yelled from behind.  But I ignore him, enter my room, and slam the door quite loudly.  I collapsed onto my bed with a loud thump before shutting my eyes, letting all what happened sink into my head. Why would Peter do such a thing? Especially to Wendy? She seems like a really sweet girl that wouldn't hurt a fly.