Prologue

Gabriel has always been the feminine type. He had feminine features, a feminine voice, and even dressed in feminine clothing. He was a 5'2" sixteen-year-old boy for christ's sake! But he liked it that way, because that's just who he was. Wearing a little makeup and skirts never hurt anyone.
But apparently it was a big deal at his high school. And to top it all off - he's gay. And because teenagers can be so cruel, Gabriel has always been beaten up and ridiculed for it, bringing home new bruises and scratches to his mother's.

And that's why his parents, April and Elizabeth, decided the best option was to remove Gabriel from the school. Although it wasn't Gabriel's ideal solution, he knew that transferring schools would be best for his mental and physical health.

So starting his Junior year of high school, Gabriel would be moving from his familiar home town in New Hampshire to an All Boys Private School in Natick, Massachusetts.  It was a big jump for Gabriel, being the shy, timid person he is, but it'd give him a chance to come out of his shell, an opportunity New Hampshire could never offer him.

The school was a big improvement from Gabriel's original one. Not only did they support the LGBTQ+ community but they had a low tolerance for any kind of harassment. The idea of not being bullied for being himself made Gabriel thrilled.

The only problem was Gabriel would be living on campus due to the distance from home. He'd never been away for longer than a week from his parents, so being away for a whole school year scared him. Of course he'd visit on Christmas and Thanksgiving but only for a week before heading back to school. Gabriel always had trouble making friends, so there was no telling what would happen in this foreign place.

The only thing he could do was to hope and pray he'd make it through without torment. And who knows, maybe he'll make some friends along the way...

I Am Not A Piece Of Cake