We're having a baby!

“W-what?” I stuttered, “Have you taken part in any sexual activity recently?” the doctor asked, “well, yes” I blushed, “well I think you may be pregnant miss” he said. I turned to look at Nath and he was stood, frozen and pale, “Nath?” I said and he turned to look at me with a vacant look on his face, “I thought you wanted this?” I asked, “well there are other options” the doctor sighed, “no way!” Nath finally said, “so you want to keep it?” I asked, “of course I do!” he smiled, “well I will let you two talk whilst I get the equipment to do a scan to check” the doctor smiled before walking out again. “are you sure we can do this?” I asked, “of course we can, I love you!” he smiled, “okay” I smiled back.

I didn’t think I was ready for this sort of responsibility but as long as Nathan pulls his weight then I am willing to do it. I suddenly really warmed to the idea and got a rush of excitement wave over me before that also turned into another wave of nausea and Nath must have noticed because just as I threw up, he was holding the bowl in front of me and rubbing my back. “thanks babe” I smiled and he handed me the bottle of water again. “oh dear. Here, you can brush your teeth in the sink over there if you’d like love” the doctor said as he came back in and saw what was happening. “Is all this sickness normal?” I asked him, “yes its perfectly normal. Some women experience it worse off than others. It should stop at about 12 weeks” The doctor said and I nodded. “now if you’d like to go into the room just down there, another nurse will take care you from now on” he smiled, “Thanks doc” Nath said shaking his hand. “No problem. And congratulations both of you!” he smiled.

We walked into the next room where the nurse did the scan and confirmed I was 1 week pregnant so she set us up with an appointment to arrange the birth and the meeting with the midwife. We left the doctors and headed straight home where Nath brought down my duvet and a water bottle for us to have a movie day again to rest. “When do you want to tell the others?” I asked him, “whenever you want” he smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before placing his hand on my stomach under my t-shirt and rubbing his thumb over it. “How about after our 12 week scan. I don’t was to jinx anything” I sighed, “of course” he smiled.

“Nath are you excited?” I asked him, “of course I am, why would you ask?” he asked, frowning, “its just I don’t want this to get in the way of your career, you’re doing so well and I don’t want to ruin that. Also, you looked really scared when the doctor confirmed it even though you had said how much you wanted this.” I sighed. “I still want it, it was just a shock to me that’s all.” He smiled and kissed the top of my head. “as long as your sure” I said, “positive” he smiled.

We spent the rest of the day wrapped up in my duvet watching movies and drinking tea and pigging out on food.

A week later and we had an appointment with the midwife, Mary, who confirmed our due date as 23rd June 2014 and has arranged all of the hospital appointments and has arranged our room and everything for the birth. “Nath I don’t want to wait any longer to tell the others. They’re already suspicious because I'm eating a lot and I won’t drink so I want to tell them today” I smiled at him, “I’ll get them to come over then” he said and typed away at his phone before we left the hospital and headed back home. Tom, Kelsey, Max and Sophie were already there as they lived nearer to the house than the hospital was and the others arrived shortly after.

“What’s the big news then?” Nareesha asked as she rocked baby Alesha-Mae in her arms. “Yeah! An why did you ask us to come over when you weren’t even here yet?!” Tom whined, “we were at the hospital” I said, “What?!” “Are you okay?” “What happened?!” that started firing questions at us, “Well if you let me finish you will find out!” I said and they all shut up. “I'm pregnant!” I grinned. “OH MY GOD!” Kelsey screamed and all the girls jumped up wrapping me and Nath in a group hug and all the boys joined in. “You better pull you weight” Tom warned Nathan, “of course I will!” he protested. “well I'm not happy that you got her knocked up at 17 but I believe you can both do it” Tom sighed and slumped in his seat. “Tom, I can do this. I love Nathan more than anything and we will be able to do this. There’s also something I want to ask you” I said, “What’s that?” he asked, “will you be the godfather when we christen him or her?” I asked and his face instantly lit up, “of course I will!” he grinned and picked me up, hugging me, “Cant...breathe...” I gasped, “oops sorry” he chuckled and I giggled. “And as I can only have a couple of people in the birthing room, “Kat will you come in with me and be my second birthing partner?” I asked her and she squealed, “YES YES YES!” She squealed.