An Unexpected Addition (Harborview Immortals Extra)

A Harborview Immortals Story

Written by Emma Peterson

Copyright 2015 by Emma Peterson/CLI

Cover image courtesy of Sura Nualpradid at FreeDigitalPhotos

This story is a work of fiction. References to real people, places, or historical events are used fictitiously. All other characters, names, events, places, and so on are strictly products of the author's crazed imagination. Any resemblance to actual places, events, or persons—living, dead, or zombie—is completely coincidental.

This story contains adult content.

1992

"I think we should open a sex shop."

Jacob rolled onto his right side and propped himself up on an elbow, grinning when he spotted green eyes peering skeptically at him through a curtain of black hair. After almost two hundred years together, he would have thought that Dominic was used to his random topics of post-coital conversation. At least this time he wasn't asking about the gastrointestinal nightmare that occurred when a vampire ingested solid food, something he had always been morbidly curious about. After hearing a disgustingly detailed account of what happened to undigested food in an undead body, he decided it was best to limit all future queries to the topic of sex.

"A sex shop." Dominic frowned as he contemplated the idea. "Like a brothel?"

"No, not a brothel." Sometimes Jacob had to remind himself that despite his partner's youthful appearance, he was actually quite old (508 years old this year, to be exact) and, like some vampires his age who were slow to adapt to the ever-changing world, ignorant of certain things. "Like a shop that sells sex goodies," he explained. "Magazines and movies and toys—"

"Toys?"

"Dildos and vibrators," Jacob clarified. "And lube." He grabbed the bottle of lube that had been carelessly tossed aside earlier when he screamed at Dominic to hurry up and fuck him after what felt like a human lifetime of blissful finger-play. "Did you know that this stuff comes in different flavors? Just like ice cream."

"Why would there need to be different flavors?" Dominic sat upright, his long hair spilling down over his shoulders and chest and tapering to an end just above his navel. He took the lube from Jacob and studied the container. After thinking it over, he figured it out. "Never mind. I can definitely see how that would be advantageous."

"Yep." Jacob smirked. "Do you remember how creative we had to be before lube was invented? I swear I can't look at a bottle of olive oil without getting turned on."

"Stop it."

"It's true!"

Dominic's lips curved upward, his somber countenance melting into a rare smile. "I don't know," he said as he ran his fingers through Jacob's wavy and disheveled brown hair. "A place like that sounds perverted."