[10] House-Elf Liberation Front.

EDITED

January 13, 2014

If you find any grammatical/spelling errors, please politely let me know. I am not a professional, nor do I claim to be an experienced author. I do make mistakes that I am trying to clean up.

   ...

[Chapter 10: House-Elf Liberation Front.]

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I went up to the Owlery that evening to find Pigwidgeon, so that Harry could send Sirius a letter telling him that he had managed to get past his dragon unscathed. On the way, Harry filled Ron in on everything Sirius had told him about Karkaroff. Though shocked at first to hear that Karkaroff had been a Death Eater, by the time we entered the Owlery Ron was saying that they ought to have suspected it all along.

     "Fits, doesn't it?" he said. "Remember what Malfoy said on the train, about his dad being friends with Karkaroff? Now we know where they knew each other. They were probably running around in masks together at the World Cup... I'll tell you one thing, though, Harry, if it was Karkaroff who put your name in the goblet, he's going to be feeling really stupid now, isn't he? Didn't work, did it? You only got a scratch! Come here-- I'll do it--"

     Pigwidgeon was so overexcited at the idea of a delivery he was flying around and around Harry's head, hooting incessantly. Ron snatched Pigwidgeon out of the air and held him still while Harry attached the letter to his leg.

     "There's no way any of the other tasks are going to be that dangerous, how could they be?" Ron went on as he carried Pigwidgeon to the window.

     "I beg to differ!" I held up an index finger, "There are loads more difficult things. Let's not forget who spends countless hours in the library with Hermione researching the Tournament."

     Ron shrugged, "You know what? I reckon you could win this tournament, Harry, I'm serious."

     Ron was only saying this to make up for his behavior of the last few weeks, but Harry seemed to appreciate it all the same. Hermione, however, leaned against the Owlery wall, folded her arms, and frowned at Ron.

     "Harry's got a long way to go before he finishes this tournament," she said seriously. "If that was the first task, I hate to think what's coming next."

     I really had to agree with her. Harry had a clue to get ready this time, but I was mortified to even think of the possibilities.

     "Right little ray of sunshine, aren't you?" said Ron. "You and Professor Trelawney should get together sometime."

     "Shutup Ron," I rolled my eyes, "Trelawney is nutty. Hermione is just being realistic. I, for one, agree."

     Ron shook his head, "Did you not see the dragon Harry evaded?!"

     "I did actually. And that's why I'm saying the things I'm saying. Because I know these tasks only get harder and riskier."

     "How do you know?" He asked.

     "Research." I said, holding up a book I'd been carrying around.

     He threw Pigwidgeon out of the window. Pigwidgeon plummeted twelve feet before managing to pull himself back up again; the letter attached to his leg was much longer and heavier than usual-- Harry hadn't been able to resist giving Sirius a blow-by-blow account of exactly how he had swerved, circled, and dodged the Horntail. We watched Pigwidgeon disappear into the darkness, and then Ron said, "Well, we'd better get downstairs for your surprise party, Harry-- Fred and George should have nicked enough food from the kitchens by now."