[8] Rita Skeeter with the Daily Prophet

EDITED

January 5, 2014

If you find any grammatical/spelling errors, please politely let me know. I am not a professional, nor do I claim to be an experienced author. I do make mistakes that I am trying to clean up.

   ...

[Chapter 8: Rita Skeeter with the Daily Prophet.]

Over the next two weeks, Harry seemed kind of excited. The shock of finding him school champion had worn off slightly now, but the rumors about me were flaring up, and I was the target of most gossip. I saw Cedric occasionally, but we didn't talk because there was never really any time, He was always busy, and every time he was free to talk, I had somewhere to be. Viktor and I continued to form bonds and spend time together playing Quidditch and hanging out. Virtually everyone in Hogwarts knew about our friendship, and tried to use this fact to justify the 'Bulgarian Lover' thing. Anytime Viktor stopped me outside or in a hallway to talk, we were either mobbed by his fans, or given death glares. Any free time I had that wasn't spent with Vik, was spent either at the library with Hermione, or trying to calm down Harry.

     The first task for the Triwizard Tournament was drawing steadily nearer; I had never seen anyone suffer nerves like these.

     There was a specific date, and Harry and Hermione were plotting to make sure no one would be in the common room on the night in question. They weren't nessicarily hiding anything from me, I was just very confused, and they didn't give me much insight on why this was important, and why it was to be kept secret.

     Rita Skeeter had published her piece on the Triwizard Tournament in the Daily Prophet. When I read it I was expecting a full report on statistics and a little bit of background on the champions, however, It was a colorful story on Harry's life. Much of the front page had been given over to a picture of Harry; the article (continuing on pages two, six, and seven) had been all about Harry, the names of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang champions (misspelled) had been squashed into the last line of the article, and Cedric hadn't been mentioned at all.

     The article had appeared ten days ago. Rita Skeeter had reported him saying an awful lot of things that Harry claims he never said in all his life.

     "I suppose I get my strength from my parents. I know they'd be very proud of me if they could see me now... Yes, sometimes at night I still cry about them, I'm not ashamed to admit it... I know nothing will hurt me during the tournament, because they're watching over me..."

     But Rita Skeeter had gone even further than transforming his "er's" into long, sickly sentences: She had interviewed other people about him too.

Harry part of a love triangle at Hogwarts. His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of Acacia Ivory and Hermione Granger.

     Little is known about the stunningly pretty, Hermione Granger. This Muggle-born witch is extremely intelligent and bright. She is said to be the best friend of Ivory herself! Scandalous!

     Acacia is an undeniably gorgeous pure-blooded girl, who is very open and witty. She is widely known in the wizarding world for being the descendant of the famous experimental witch Athena Ivory, inventor of the love potion and several love charms-- sources say Ivory is also close with Bulgarian Quidditch Seeker, Viktor Krum.

     From the moment the article had appeared, I was looking up the name 'Athena Ivory' constantly. I was trying to trace it to my real parents, but came up short handed. More people than before took notice in me. I wasn't used to the attention.