[15] Padfoot and The Past.

EDITED

February 18, 2014

If you find any grammatical/spelling errors, please politely let me know. I am not a professional, nor do I claim to be an experienced author. I do make mistakes that I am trying to clean up. Thank you, enjoy.

   ...

[Chapter 15: Padfoot and the past.]

One of the best things about the aftermath of the second task was that everybody was very keen to hear details of what had happened down in the lake. Cedric hadn't paid the stories much attention, nor the people who asked, but I like listening to all the different speculations.

     I found it extremely amusing that Ron's version of the story consisted of struggling single-handedly against fifty heavily armed merpeople who had to beat him into submission before tying him up.

     As I walked to my next class with George Weasley, I saw Ron striking up a conversation with Parvati Patil. I don't know why, but I was slightly jealous of the affections they had been exchanging lately. I felt like there just wasn't any girl that was good enough for Ronald.

     I made a face of disgust as she giggled at something he had just said.

     George pulled a face, "Don't tell me you like my brother?"

     I whipped my head back around; the distaste and hurt on his facial was apparent. Why George even cared was beyond me. "No! That's ridiculous. I have a boyfriend."

     "Just because you're in a relationship doesn't mean you don't have a right to feel things for other people." he said softly, "Acting on those feelings is entirely different."

     Feeling uncomfortable with the subject I changed it, "Say Georgey, where's the better looking twin? You two are always together."

     He laughed, throwing an arm around my shoulder, "He's buying a few things for stuff we're going to be brewing up tonight."

     I rolled my eyes and then heard the sweet, velvety voice of Cedric, "George, I'd appreciate it if you'd remove your arm from my girlfriend." He winked playfully.

     George looked absolutely furious despite Cedric only joking, and pulled away slowly, "Well hello, pretty boy."

     In case you're wondering, I still hadn't heard the end of my momentary weakness to hormones; they constantly ragged on me for kissing Cedric so publicly for all of the students and faculty to bear witness to.

     When he was sure Cedric wasn't looking, George mouthed, "Why are you with him?"

     I knew this reason very well, and for that, I smiled at the Weasley twin, dropping my voice to a whisper, "Should I count the reasons off?"

     George began to mumble about how stupid I was to pick him when I had such a wide variety of options. Whatever that meant.

     Cedric found it rather amusing and took his place beside me, filling my stomach with butterflies. Cedric was the only one for me. I loved him, but I was too afraid to say it out loud. I didn't want to scare him away if he couldn't return such strong feelings.

     As we entered March the weather became drier, but cruel winds skinned our hands and faces every time we went out onto the grounds. There were delays in the post because the owls kept being blown off course.

     At breakfast Friday morning I decided I could no longer avoid Ron, Harry, and Hermione. I sat down next the the beautiful and brilliant chesnut haired girl, and smiled. She attempted a smile back, and failed horribly. After a few moments of silence, I grew irritated.