Chapter 2

Arriving at the closest hospital, Dan was getting weaker and weaker. His face was pallid, like a blanket of snow. His once brown eyes were losing its colour and his drained skin turned a monochrome grey.

"Dan, we're here, its all gonna be okay, let me come help you out." 

Phil rushed to the  side of the taxi and swung the door open, in a panic. He lifted the helpless Dan out, and put his ash-like arms around himself, supporting Dan's body. Still squeezing his chest in agony, it seemed as though Dan's heartbeat was getting slower.... Rushing speedily, Phil was petrified, not knowing what could happen to Dan. Entering  the hospital and calling for help, Phil's eyes became blurry from the tears, his arms still strong, trying to hold up Dan. Two professional-looking doctors arrived within seconds, carrying a stretcher.  Raising Dan onto it, Phil grabbed his boyfriends hand tightly.

"I wont let you go Dan, i promise." Phil's cracked voice whispered into Dan's ear. Giving a miniature smile, Dan replied 

"I love you Phil Lester."  

"I love you too Dan Howell..." 

Walking next to the bed, Phil stayed focus on Dan, not looking away from him for a minute.

As they got to the emergency room, Dan got lifted and placed onto an uncomfortable-looking bed and started getting hooked up to many different machines, his lifeless eyes showing his suffering . The machine next to the bed was a heart monitor, Phil didn't really know what it did, but it was showing a green line on a black background, slowly pulsing. An oxygen tube got inserted into Dan's nose. A doctor took some tests and about an hour later, he came back with the results.

"I'm very sorry Sir, but the test results aren't good.."

"What? Whats wrong with me?" replied Dan, in a weak but anxious tone.

"I'm sorry to say this Mr Howell, but you have cancer..."