2. Complicated

[[None of these chapters will be related.]]

You've known Bucky for how long now? Almost a year and he's the most complicated human being you have ever encountered.

He can go from hot to cold in a split second, smiling to frowning, laughing to brooding. You never know if he'll be sweet or distant, and really, it's getting hard to handle.

But you can't seem to let him go as he storms out of he room with you quickly following after him, shoulders raised angrily as he stomps down the hall.

"Bucky," You say, reaching for his arm and pull him to a halt. You love Bucky, you truly do, but when he snaps around and shoves you to the ground, you don't recognize him as he towers over you with an unreadable expression. "Buck..?"

He lets out a breath, watches as you slowly climb to your feet.

"I just want to help you, okay? Tell me what's wrong-"

"I don't need you help!" He shouts, sneering. You step away and he's suddenly slamming you against the wall, gripping both your wrists tightly and you fight the panic clawing up your throat. "I don't need anyone's help!"

"Okay," you whisper, shutting your eyes as his ragged breath hits your cheek. "Okay. I won't help you."

His hands twitch against your wrists, and then he's letting go. You quickly open your eyes to see him staring at you sadly.

"I'm sorry," he mumbles, tears pooling against his lashes as he rests his head against yours. Hesitantly, you press your hand to his cheek and he leans against your cool palm. "I-I'm.. I'm so sorry, (Y/n). I can't believe I- I'm sorry."

He doesn't stop apologizing until he drifts off to sleep, gripping your hand tightly in his. But you know you can't stay. You know he'll keep hurting you no matter how much he doesn't mean it. So you pack up your things, disappearing without a sound. Bucky doesn't wake until a few hours later, sitting upright and chest heaving from a nightmare. And he just knows.

He doesn't move, doesn't cry, doesn't even look around. He knows you're gone, and he's happy because he'll never hurt you again.