Can't Save Myself

I woke up to a fresh day. I have a good feeling about today. I'm supposed to meet with some old friends from the few months of college i attended.

I hopped out of bed and quickly hop into a shower. As someone who loves to sing, I filled the house with my voice.

"Remember when i didnt need you," I sang the tune of my favorite Issues song. "well I need you now." I've always thought about joining the music industry, but it's probably too much for me. I can't handle too much pressure and I know being famous comes with a lot of that.

I hop out of the shower and started getting ready. I quickly blow dry my long, dirty blonde hair and tie it into a cute messy ponytail. I brush my teeth and do my makeup. After, I put on my favorite band shirt, my Knuckle Puck shirt, and my favorite skinny jeans. I put a flannel over it since it's cold outside.

I look at myself in my tall body mirror. "damn, i'm actually looking decent. I should go out more often." I chuckle to myself.

I grab my keys, hop into my car, and drive to the little coffee shop, where I was going to meet up with Hannah, Parker, and Melody. I met Hannah and Melody  in college. Parker is Hannah's boyfriend that she started dating a few months ago. Very proud of her. (ur welcome kenzookle 😂)

I walk into the shop and wait in line. Im fucking starving. As i was ordering, I look back and see my friends. I smile at them and then went back to ordering.

"here's your cookie," the cashier handed me a cute cookie. "that'll be $2.35" I nod my head and hand her money. I took my cookie and quickly sat down with Hannah, Parker, and Melody.

Hannah bolted up from her seat and embraced me.

"Kenzookle!!!" She exclaimed. "i miss you!"

I laughed and hugged her back. "I missed you babe," Im so happy to see her.

Melody hugged me right after Hannah. "so great to see you Ken" she smiled at me.

"great to see you too Mel," i smile. Parker gently stood up from his seat and shook my hand.

"great to meet you, Ken?" he questioned my name.

"that works," I laughed. "great to meet you, too" I smiled at him. Damn, Hannah scored.

I sat down with all of them and enjoyed my cookie. It was kind of awkward eating with Parker, since i'm a huge fan of the story so far, but i kept in all inside. After we all talked for about 45 minutes, everyone went outside except Hannah and I.

"we should hang again soon," she offered.

"hell yeah, " i smiled at her. "it was so great seeing you!"

"you too," we hugged each other.

"you really scored with Parker," I smirk.

"he is a total sweetheart." she smiled at the thought of him. "hey, i know someone who I could hook you up with." oh god.

"oh god." i laughed.

"Have you heard of neck deep?"

"yeah, i only know like two songs tho," i say quietly.

"well, I heard their bassist is single." she smirked. "Fil, he's a doll."

"i dont think anything'll happen," i sounded a little disappointed but its true.

"here, they'll be in town in two days. and since I'm friends with them, we can all hang." she smiled.

"okay, i guess" i laughed and realized that I probably regretted that decision.

"see you then!" We hug one last time before going our separate ways. All i could think of is if something could actually happen between Fil and I. Then again, i know absolutely nothing about him. I dont even know what he looks like, but Im gonna give it a shot.