Chapter 6: Fight Or Flight

Many hours of shopping, from leather pants to skin tight dresses we've seen it all. I finally plucked my outfit from the rack, black lace bandeau and long sheer black shirt with spiked black pumps.

"I'm ready, Klaus!" I yell across the boutique, waiting to hear a response from the "fashion expert".

"Darling, I must see what you have picked before we leave." He says after appearing behind a stack of thongs. "I also have found something for you." He giggles as he holds up a bright red silk thong and comes over to wave it in my face as I try to swat the slutty underwear away.

"Get that ghastly thing away from my innocent virgin eyes, you monster!"

"Ha! You innocent? You've been with tons of men!" Klaus laughs then abruptly stops after hearing a low growl echoing from the entrance. We turn to see him. Why does he have to be here?

"Tons of men? What are you some kind of lowly whore?" Salvatore spats out at me, clearly angry that I didn't save myself for him.

"Don't even dare act like that! How many women have you slept with? Dozens?" I growl back angry at his accusations.

He looks surprised at my outburst. "That doesn't matter! The woman should wait for the man. We have sexual needs, Valentine."

"And women don't? You are acting completely unfair. I thought you were supposed to be a fair alpha instead you are just a scared little pup. I couldn't imagine why the moon goddess would set us up to be mates. How was I paired with someone so weak?!" I growled, my wolf fought me to get out and tear apart my mate limb by limb only done when I can taste his blood cover my teeth and he is dead to the world.

"Why did I have to be stuck with you? Out of all the amazing, beautiful, smart wolves I had to be mates with you! Why did I deserve this? I've been a great wolf, I've lived up to all of her expectations and I'm still stuck with a wolf that refuses a mate!"  Salvatore exclaims, befuddled by the mere idea of us actually being mates. I'll have to admit his comments did hurt, a lot actually. But my pride will never let me admit that I did in fact feel another emotion besides anger. 

"God! Salvatore! Leave me the hell alone! I was fine without you before! What makes you think I want a mate now?" I yell at him our voices jumping from wall to wall in this small boutique, lucky the humans don't hear us we would have a bigger situation

His expression turns dark and I can see in his eyes that they already are going going to regret his next words. "I can't stay here and argue with you anymore. I'm an alpha and I have obligations to my pack, I can't waste another minute that my pack could be in danger because I'm not there to protect them. I'm giving you a choice. Stay here and we reject each other and hope that we survive the night. Or you come to my pack in Italy and move in with me where we can finally start accepting each other as mates. It's now or never, I will give you a week to decide. I will see you in a week, Valentine. Please make the right choice." With that he was gone and so is my freedom. Either way I'm becoming alpha either it's my pack or its Salvatore's pack. How the hell am I supposed to choose?!

"Valentine, are you okay?" Klaus asks and the girls surround me blocking me off from anyone's stares.

"No.. Yes.. I- I don't know." I stutter and shuffle my feet on the floor avoiding my best friends eyes.

"You don't have to make your decision now. Let's go get your mind off of it. We still have the tickets for that club Okami if you want to still go?" Avalon, Klaus's sister gently speaks up.

"No, I don't think she's ready for that. It's okay she needs to process this. This ultimatum is a huge step either you lose your mate or you lose this pack." Lakley my childhood best friend says, pushing Avalon slightly back.

"No, I can't let him control my life. I don't know what life will be tomorrow either way I'm going to celebrate. Either my start of my life with my mate or my new role as alpha of this pack. Only time will tell. For now, let's get fvcking wasted!!!" I yell and run out of the store with my unpaid dress still on. Yolo..

Off to the club it is. We call a limo and drink wine until we get there. As Alpha and her ladies we are let through. Klaus even winked at him when the bouncer said her ladies.

The sign was edgy and bright compared to the darkening night sky. The graffiti letters spelled Okami in neon red lights. The music was loud and fast. Easy to dance to and fun to drink to.

I go over to the bar and order us all four shots to get us a little buzzed. For a werewolf it's hard to get us drunk but tonight we will see exactly how much a wolf can go. After six shots I'm just a little tipsy. Some random guy came up and offered me a drink. He was hot and mysterious but the drink he gave me seem to taste a little funny to me.

Why was my scotch blue? Oh my god, he put something in my drink. I'm mentally freaking out but I'm just standing there staring at him outside. He looks at me and smirks then grabs my hand pulling me to the dance floor to grind with. That drink is making me very sleepy.

The mystery man starts to lead me upstairs but is cut off my older man looking around late 30's.

"Chill brah, this chick is mine tonight. Go get your own b*tch to f*ck." Mystery man growled.

"How dare you? Unhand that poor child before I rip your arms off with my hands."

"Sorry dude whatever the b*tch is yours. Here have her." He backed off and walked out of the room.

"Sweetheart are you okay?" My savior asks me and helps me up.

"I think so. What's your name?" I ask.

"Nicoli Alesci, I used to be the Alpha of the Luna Scura pack before my pack was destroyed by rogues. I was actually here to come ask the alpha to join this pack. Do you know him at all by any chance?"

"I am the future alpha. As future Alpha I accept Nicoli Alesci as pack member." I growl.

"Thank you Alpha." Nicoli says.

"Do you smell that Alpha? It's smells amazing like warm brown sugar." Nicoli asks while sniffing the air and letting me go to fall on the bed. I can no longer stay on my feet and support my head. This drug is insane. I will be sure to find who is responsible for this.

"Valentine, I couldn't find you anywhere. Did you put on new perfume? It smells so good." Someone walks in and looks for me. Their eyes don't quite reach mine before they find Nicolis.

"Mate" Nicoli growls out and pulls them to him.

I look up to see who it is and freeze when I finally see who it is. Who would have guessed they were mates?