Chapter 2: School

I woke up late on my birthday the smell of fresh pancakes filling my nose calling for me. I jumped out of bed to run into the shower. After my short hot shower, I got ready for the day. After I'm all done I look in the mirror. I have always thought I had a nice face, not pretty but not ugly.

My red hair shiny and curly hanging down right above my dainty shoulders. My dazzling green eyes shimmering with the dark glitter eyeliner and eyeshadow. I paired that with bright red lipstick and concealer.

Layla always buys me my birthday day outfit, surprisingly she always manages to get what I like. Plain long white tank top, black skinny jeans with thin gold necklaces. Black studded high heels and my black skull bag. I applaud her, she managed to buy clothes I like but she missed one thing, I run to my closet and grab my mothers black coat.

I walk down stairs to hear yelling and arguing while Layla tries to keep everyone quiet.

"Those were mine, you giant dog!" Bridget, my cousin screams.

I'm not quite down the long hallway to see what she is upset about but she rarely gets upset so this is strange. I reach the kitchen to see Bridget covered in chocolate and trying to steal a bagel from Max.

I sneak past them to go grab a banana and walk out so I'm not late for school. I'm almost out when Layla asks me to come back.

"Yes, Layla?"

"As you know it's your birthday and tonight we will be throwing a party in hopes you find your mate. After school some of your friends, You, Bridget and I will be going to look for your dress. I will meet you and your friends at the mall, I'll pick up Bridget so you have enough room. Sound okay?"

"Whatever you say, Layla but I hope I don't find my mate. I don't want to end up like my dad."

"I know what you believe now but it will all change when you find that one special person."

"So I've been told, I'll see you after school."

"Have a great day, Darling."

"Bye."

I run out into the rain praying my mascara doesn't run and hop into my silver mustang then head north to school. Three stop signs later and I've arrived at my high school, NorthWest High.

Climbing out of my car and looking outside I see the typical cheerleaders cheering around there little sports cars. The jocks picking on nerds by there jeeps. The nerds playing chess by there smart cars. Then there's my friends, The Elites at least thee what my beta insists on calling us. Personally I don't see the point in categorizing everyone when we are one pack under my control of course.

We are the group where everyone is accepted except one group, The Plastics. They are the rude sluts that think they run the school, I leave them be because even as stupid as they seem they know not mess with their future alpha.

I sense one of my best friends, Klaus come up behind me trying to surprise me. Sight is taken away from me due to him covering my eyes.

"Smooth, Stud. I could sense you a mile away." I laugh, pulling his hand down.

"It's not fair, you can hear everything." He cutely pouts and starts walking side by side next to me, our arms lightly brushing together.

"Being an Alpha has its perks." I shrug it off and speed up our walk a bit.

"You aren't an alpha, you still have to beat Max." Klaus slung his arm around my shoulders slowing me down.

"You act like I can't. He's weak, he doesn't deserve my title." He can't even beat my beta in a duel.

"Yeah I know, lets just get to class."

"After you."