/Chapter Seven/ A Will Full of Surprises/Part One

So sorry for the wait! I tried to hurry this chapter but onl managed tget half so that's why the title doesn't exactly match :/ I hope you like this either way :D

Oh, and I have a new story up and I'd love if people could give it a read :D It's called 'Flaws And All' and I hope you like if you want to give it a go, but if not, that's cool :D

Enjoy!

(C) All Rights Reserved To D.S Lemonius.

_________________

Chapter Seven: A Will Full of Surprises

Part One

Alexander released me from his incredibly enchanting kiss and hurried out of the room to say goodbye to his father. As soon as he was out of sight I collapsed onto my bed and started to fan myself. That was so…I felt so…his kiss was so…hot. A grin spread across my face as I reminisced in the passionate kiss we had just shared. “Oh my,” I moaned aloud. Despite the overwhelming heat running through me, I felt guilt deep inside me. Alexander was a good person and I constantly thought badly of him. Mother was horrible and I thought she was good at first; I knew death made her bitter, but not like this. Her heart died and never came back from the dead when she did. I have such poor judgment of character.

‘Mercy you’ve done it this time,’ said the voice of my mother suddenly. I groaned in exasperation at her voice and sat up to face her. ‘Why did you just let that happen??! How could you possibly keep your dinner down whilst kissing that…thing?!’

“One, Alexander is not a ‘thing’. He is a human being just like us!” I argued.

‘We are not human, we are witches Mercy! We are not to consort with them and if we were to, not with the likes of that!’ she exclaimed. Mother was very angry. When I was younger she never got angry with me or father but now I saw that a vein would pop out of her forehead; ghost or not, she looked ready to explode.

“Mother, I don’t care if he’s human or not. All I know is that he had nothing to do with your murder and neither did I! We’re just children, a different generation. Let us live our own lives.”

Mother took a deep long breath and closed her eyes for a moment, controlling her rage before she took it out on me. ‘I would do the exact same for you Mercy if this was the other way round, you should want to help me too. You will be happy in life, and have choices as to what you do throughout it, just not now. Aren’t you happy I’m back sweetheart? Aren’t you thrilled that I’m able to teach you all the things your father didn’t? Aren’t you happy you are going to make it through this all alive?’

I hated this. Arguing was never my strong point and no doubt I would end up doing what mother said in the end. To save myself the breath, I got off of my bed and picked up the dagger. It had been almost a decade since mother died. I had dreamt of her return or being reunited with her; she would pull me in a warm embrace and tell me she loved me. So far, that hasn’t happened. She isn’t my mother. She is merely Viola-a witch obsessed with vengeance. Viola is dead to me.

‘Mercy, won’t you answer me?’ I looked at her and saw sadness slowly dawn upon it; she was realising I no longer cared for her revenge. I want to live my life, without having to fix or break other peoples. She no longer deserves my sympathy.

Ignoring her, I slipped the weapon down the front of my dress, careful not to cut myself, and walked out of the warm sanctuary of my chamber to the room the duke was in. I locked away my emotions and focused on the task at hand. There was nothing that would stop me. Once I do this, I am not going to do anything else for my mother. This is what her revenge is. Alexander does not come in to the plan anymore.