Chapter 1

35 year old Phil was going about his daily life, dry cereal as mid-day snacks, reading Steven King books before drifting to sleep and laughing as well as accidental dribbling with the love of his life Dan Howell, aged 31. Little did he know that this day may be the day that changes their lives forever.

On the 20th May 2022, Dan and Phil were filming an hilarious gaming video.

"DIE!!!" screamed Dan jokily.

"No! No! No! I'm gonna...KILL YOU! AHH!" squeaked Phil.

"Ah, shit." - Dan suddenly stopped; dropped his controller and clutched his chest tightly, bending over in excruciating pain.

"Dan? What's wrong?" Phil replied in a petrified tone.

"No, I'm fine, it's just, AH!" More pain shot through Dan's chest like a sharpened knife.

"No, Dan you are clearly in pain, we need to get to the hospital, NOW!" Phil carefully lifted Dan off the sofa, not bothering to turn off the TV, and guided him to the front door, supporting Dan by holding his skinny arms.

Calling for an immediate taxi, Phil held Dan's hands and stared into his starry eyes,

"it will all be okay Dan, I promise" Tears filled Phil's anxious looking eyes, as the taxi arrived outside their apartment.

As Phil opened the door hurryingly, Dan's legs were collapsing underneath him. Time was ticking away. What was happening to Dan? He seemed fine earlier, what could have affected him so suddenly, so horribly? Tears freely running down Phil's face, Dan grasped one hand on his chest and one tightly onto Phil's trembling arms.

"We'll be there soon Dan, this will all be over soon, we will be fine, everything will be fine..." Phil said, unsure of what was going to happen next.

Getting into the taxi, Dan nodded slightly, and Phil gave the smallest smirk.

"To ST Thomas' Hospital please. Be quick, I'm begging you, be. Quick"

Whilst the taxi driver nodded his head and drove to the hospital, Dan held Phil's hands, still in terrible pain. Phil tightly squeezed Dan's hands, his stomach turning through fear.