♔ 29 ♔ Home sweet home.

enjoy :)

. . .

"It totally slipped my mind. I forgot about Prom! It's like in 3 weeks, how could I possibly forget?" Ashton said, rambling on and on as we walked into the library.

I gripped my books in my hand and grinned. "I forgot all about it, too." He turned towards me and smiled genuinely as we sat down at one of the computers.

"You know, I'm so happy that you're out of that hospital. I was going crazy. I chuckled.

"That you were." I was discharged about a day after our outburst. Ashton felt that it was best that I returned home so I could be with my family, but I told him that I didn't want to ruin his vacation with his girlfriend. He refused, and said no anyway. So now Chloe hates me even more. I'm so glad that she doesn't go to my school, cause if she did, then-- oh well.

Ashton and I logged off our computers as we looked at the time. We had ten minutes to get back to class, and let's just say that the walk back would be quite long.

After we logged off, we stood up and walked out of the lab. We kept talking about stupid things, and laughed at those things. Right when we were about to turn the corner,  someone bumped smack dab into me, causing me to lose my balance. I fell to the floor with a heavy thud, causing my muscles to ache.

"Watch where you're going, idiot!" Ashton yelled, his fists curled up by his sides. Then he did something so unexpected. He picked up the guy by the collar of his shirt and slammed him into the lockers.

"Ashton!" I shrieked. "It's okay!" I tried getting up to stop him, but I couldn't. I was too weak.

"I'm sorry man!" The boy yelled, his eyes wide in fear as his legs dangled in the air.

"No it's not!" He yelled back, ignoring the boy. He raised his arm, getting ready to throw a punch, but then my mind screamed at me to get him to stop. I scrambled to my knees and crawled over to him, then placed my hands onto his leg.

He immediately looked down at me, his eyes softening. "It's okay." I whispered, looking straight into his eyes. He nodded his head then blinked his eyes a couple of times before returning his attention to the scared boy in front of him. Ashton released the boy and took a deep gulp. He pointed an accusing forward into his chest. "Watch out next time." He whispered furiously, causing the boy to scurry away.

"Ashton," I whispered, my mouth wide. He's never done anything like that before.

"Sorry," He muttered as he pulled me up to my feet. "I got a little protective just then."

"A little?" I smiled. "How about a lot," I looked over at him, softening my gaze. "It's okay Ashton, you don't have to do something like that for me. I could've handled it my self."

"I had to. Your my best friend." He looked at me for a moment before grabbing my hand and leading me down the hallway. "We only have like 3 minutes to get to class, we gotta hurry!"

"I'm so glad you're home." April muttered, teary eyed as she engulfed me into a bone crushing hug. "I've missed you so much. And so has mom. We all started crying when the hospital called us."

I laughed. "It's only been three days, April. Relax." I smiled as I hugged her back. "And I've missed you guys too."

April sighed as she let go of me. She plopped down on the couch then smirked. "So how was the City of Love with that new sexy piece of man?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, causing me to let out a loud laugh.