"What's he doing!?" Rohan murmured beside me.

"Before you say anything else, hear me out," Nivin said in his charming but commanding voice and silence took over.

"I am one of the major shareholders in this company, I am also the current chairman's grandson and I am supposed to be the sole heir of this company" Nivin looked over at grandpa, who was listening. "It's the Aldrick's family business and we have been running it all these years, so technically, after my father, it's me who should take his place, not someone out of the family, I am sure we are breaking a tradition here" Nivin's eye's found Uncle Sebastian for a moment, the current CEO.

Uncle Sebastian returned his glare, refusing to back down.

"I agree, you are right Nivin," My dad said, surprising me, some of the director's started to protest but he continued.

"He is right, after James, it would be Nivin next, He could be a CEO, but only if all the requirements are met" my dad concluded, now looking at others.

I don't know if my dad is agreeing or disagreeing with Nivin, it was such a neutral statement.

"It's not only based on the shares boy, if you see the conditions, but you also have to be 25 or more, graduated with the required qualification, married and settled down," Sebastian said, looking angry.

"I am 26, I will be graduated soon, then marriage, I personally don't think it's relevant to this, but I respect the rule, if I have to get married, I will too," Nivin said confidently.

Score!

"Of course, we will select the CEO by the usual means, a voting will do, all I want is a chance," Neev said. "And I want you to know that you wouldn't regret selecting me" he pressed the remote and the projector was opened.

"It's my plans on Asian project," Nivin said and so it started.

I have to admit it, he's good! no, scratch that, he's wonderful when it comes to what he really wants.

Neev was going through the charts now, comparing, calculating, assuming and convincing everyone.

By the time his project was over, the room was in complete silence. I could say, everyone is impressed.

"You sure are your dad's son," said Mr.Ram and everyone clapped.

"Okay, I accept your condition," Grandpa said.

"But-" Sebastian started.

"We will open the CEO position for voting when you submit your project and hand over the rights to the company," Grandpa said.

It's a trap! If he hands over his project's right, Grandpa is going to throw him out again! He will be voted out like last time, grandpa can do that!

Nivin's eyes met grandpa's. He seemed to be thinking along the same line.

"That's a good proposal, so what do you say, Nivin?" Sebastian looked smug, now happy that things are in his favour!

"That's enough for me," Neev said at last.

*  *  *  *  *

Rohan.

"Where's she?" I asked him again, my sound raised this time. "I know, nothing will happen to her without you knowing it, so tell me" I looked grandpa.

"I think we are over this whole Naina thing?" He takes that dangerous tone with me, but I refused to back down.

I want to know what happened, I am not going to drop it until I know it.

"We were! if you had kept your promise, Did you do something to her after you send me away?" I asked him.