What happened?

I opened my eyes to be blinded by sunlight threw a very white room. Where am I this isn't my room. I start to look around and I see that I'm hooked to a bunch and machines. Then it hit me I'm a hospital but why? Soon the door opens a women I've never met before walks in wearing scrubs must be my nurse she walks up to me seeing that I'm awake.
"Hey lauren I'm Sam I'm your nurse for the afternoon I'm going to need you to take it slow as of right now I'm going to call the doctor to answer some of your questions because Im sure you have many am I right?" I just nod. So she left the room know I'm just sitting on this uncomfortable hospital bed I look around seeing I have balloons and cards stuff animals and flowers one particularly stuck out to me though. These were pink lilies my favorite with a note on the so I grab it and read it.

Dear, lolo
I hope you get better. I miss you so much. Just remember I love you.

Love, Camz 💚

I have the biggest smile on my face knowing it was my best friend who got me these flowers. I always loved camila in more of a friends kind of way but I was just to scared that she wouldn't feel the same we are best friend since 2nd grade we did everything together we even went to the same college cause I couldn't be with out her. I love her. My thoughts were interrupted my a door opening and man walking through I guess this is the doctor.
"Hey lauren I'm dr.shmit I believe we have some talking to do so first I want to say it's obvious you want to know why your here." I just nod not knowing what to say.
"Well it seems you have been in a car accident and in a coma for a year and a half I've contacted your parent to let them know your awake but they said to call someone named camila and gave me there number and she's on her way." I some what happy but also confused why my parents didn't care that I was okay and awake.
"So it seems that you seem fine and I'll be back to run some test to see when you'll be able to go home any questions?" Doctor Shmit asked.
" umm not right now but thank you doctor." I say
With a small smile" well okay then I'll be back."
He went to go leave when the door opens I see my best friend with her hand over her mouth and red puffy like she's been crying she runs past the doctor and tackles me in a hug I hug her back and I hear he soft sobs I just rub her back "it's okay Camz I'm right here I'm okay" I tell her she just hugs me tighter and sobs more I grab her by the waist and pull her in my lap and she pull her head from the crook of my neck and looks at me. " I've missed you so much lolo " she whispers " hey I missed you too Camz but why am I here how did I get into a accident?" I ask and she slowly looks Down and plays with her fingers I grab one of her hands and intertwined it with mine and use my other to lift her chin softly to look at me and I give her a soft smile she does the same. "Camz it's okay, just tell me please." I beg she lets out a soft sigh " it was the night after we graduated we all went out to celebrate with the girls to this huge party we all had a great time drank a little and danced a lot" she laughs and I just smile cause we do love to dance then she continued "and you said you went to get another drink and some fresh air I asked if you want me to come you being stubborn you said "it's okay Camz I'll be fine" so you left for like about half and hour and came back and said you didn't feel good probably something you ate I asked if you were okay to drive and you said you only had 2 beers your perfectly fine to just go have fun and you just left so I just let you but something wasn't right so I went to go find Dinah and ask if she could take me home and she did but when I got there you weren't there I figured you probably stopped to get some thing so I just went to lay on the couch and wait for you but I just ended up falling asleep an hour later I got woken up to a phone call saying you got in an accident and my heart dropped I got in my car a went straight to the hospital I went in there and your mom and dad were there they told me a car ran a red light and smashed right into your side and the impact of the car made you hit your head on the window and thus causing the coma." She said in tears now I bring my hand to cup her cheek and slowly wipe her tear away she grabs my hand a kissed my palm and continued " lauren they thought you died right there I thought you died I couldn't breath knowing that you just died but then they told me you just broken a couple bones minor but still you were in a coma they didn't know when you would wake up I came here every day hopefully you wake up for me but you didn't until now." She cried and jumped in my arms crying for a couple minutes so I realized her crying stopped and her breathing softened and she was falling asleep.
" I missed you so much Lo so soo much" she mumbled I just stroked her hair and whispered" I missed you too babe so much." I kissed her head and leaned back on the bed so now she was sleeping on my chest. I realized it was already dark outside. The doctor came in and said I can leave early in the morning everything seemed to be fine I smiled and thanked him and drifted off to sleep with Camz in my arms.