one year later

Shadow p.o.v

I stared at the statue in front of me..it was a statue of that blue hedgehog, its been a year since his body was stolen from the hospital, the doctors had said there was no use in looking for him, since he was going to die in a few weeks anyways. ever since they declared him death and put up his statue i come to visit him, i know his death but i don't like to talk to others about it, so i talk to myself.

They all tell me that he would want us to be happy, and i know, that faker always had a smile on his face and was up to something. "faker"....."i guess i was the real faker after all...you risked your life to save my little boy and your daughter, i know you could have saved only Violet and yourself..but you didn't.." i fell to my knees crying, he might have been annoying and stubborn, but man did i miss that idiot blue hedgehog, i hadn't told anyone, but he had awoke once before going into a coma...

Flashback, about one year ago..

Shadow ran into the hospital carrying a ice cold Sonic, the doctors quickly tended to him and now he was laying on the bed connected to a bunch of wires. Shadow was sitting in a chair next to him when he heard a voice, "S-Shadz?"

he turned to see Sonic with his eyes half way open, "Sonic?" he exclaimed as his eyes widened. "S-shadz, p-promise m-me s-something" the blue blur said , finding it hard to breath. Shadow helped him sit up "what is it?" he asked looking at him worried.

"Shadow i don't think..im going to make it and i want you to take care of my family, Violet and Dash love you, they always want to see you, your a uncle to them, and Amy sees you like a brother...look over Knucklehead , he's not the sharpest hehe... any Silver too, tell Eggman he was a great rival... tell Midnight i always saw him like a second son to me, and Maria tell her i saw her like family to.....and Shadow, you and Silver were like brothers to me, we have been true soo much..and even tho i was annoying, you have always been there for me..im going to miss you brother..."

Shadow now had tears in his eyes and was hugging the blue blur, "i see you as my best friend, and brother", suddenly Sonic went limp in Shadow's arms. "Sonic?" Shadow cried as he layed the blue blur down, and he went into a coma."i promise"

end of flashback.

Shadow cleaned out the tears from his eyes as he heard someone behind him. he turned to see his boy Midnight walking up to the statue were he was.

he walked up to his dad and hugged him, "i miss him too dad" he said looking at the statue of the smiling blue hero. Shadow hugged his Son back as the tears started to come back.

after awhile of silence Midnight spoke up, "aunt Amy invited us for dinner" he said as Shadow nodded his head before doing a small smile, "want to race?", Midnight smirked as he got into a running position "your on old man" he said with a chuckle as he they ran off.

********************************************

omg im crying...so what yall think so far?