Chapter 18 - Fall

Chapter 18 - Fall

The next day, I hesitate outside Ian's house. What am I going to say? "Hi, I chose you, aren't you happy?" Hah, I don't think so! For all I know he might have changed his mind and he doesn't want to date me at all.

I guess I'll just have to take a chance. Without freaking out further I knock on his door.

The second I've done it, I regret it. He doesn't want to see me anymore, I'm sure. I mean, hello, I was dating other people when I was on dates with him. Who would want to be with that kind of person?

Maybe I can still run. If I turn around now and drive away, he won't even know I've been here. He'll just think it was some kids doing a prank.

Just as I'm about to set my freaking-out-plan in motion, the door opens. I take a step back in shock.

It's not Ian. It's a beautiful girl with light brown hair and green eyes. Am I at the wrong house? Or... Or is Ian seeing more than one person at a time as well? Or has he already moved on?

"Hi. Can I help you?" The girl asks.

What should I do, what should I do, what should I do?

"I'm looking for Ian Woods?" I ask with a nervous smile. I think my hands are shaking.

"Yeah, one second," The girl disappears into the house. So this was the right house then. Does that mean... Is that girl his girlfriend? Is Ian just like Eric? Extreme nervousness spreads over me. Please don't say I made the wrong choice. Then hours of thinking are wasted and I hurt Alex for nothing.

"Hi Samantha!" Ian's cheerful voice makes me lift my eyes from my shoes. He looks as handsome as always as he smiles at me. Again, it's my nervous smile that appears.

He must have noticed it, because his own smile falters a little. "It's not me you chose, is it?" He asks in a much sadder voice.

Before I can say anything, the same girl appears behind Ian.

"Aren't you gonna introduce me, Ian?" she asks and looks at him impatiently.

When he doesn't answer her, but just continues to stare a little sadly at me, she pushes him aside and steps closer to me. She extends her hand, "Hello. I'm Heather, Ian's older sister."

Relief washes over me in an instant. His sister? That's so much better than his girlfriend. The nervousness disappears. I smile an honest smile and shake her hand. "Hi. Nice to meet you, I'm Samantha."

"Nice to meet you too." She smiles then turns toward her younger brother, "Ian, you can't let this lovely girl just stand out here. Invite her in for God's sake!" Then she walks inside the house again.

Ian has been staring at me the whole time. I look uncomfortably around me, everywhere but his eyes. Where do I start? What do I say?

Suddenly he snaps out of it and asks, "Why did you choose him?"

I look at him in surprise. When did I choose any else but him? Then I realize I haven't actually told him anything yet.

"Can I come in?" I ask. "So I can explain?"

Ian just nods and walks inside. I guess he assumes I'll follow him. So I do.

He leads me upstairs and inside his room. I'm a little surprised. It wasn't my first guess that he would take me here. But on the other hand, maybe he didn't want his sister to interrupt. Relief floods through me again when I think about Heather. She's just his sister, she's just his sister! I sing inside.

I look around me. His room looks kind of ordinary, but comfy. It's obvious that he has just put together stuff he likes and not thought about design. Which I like. There's just something wrong about guys thinking too much about interior.

Ian sits down on his bed. I don't know what to do of myself, so I just stand there.

"Why did you choose him?" He asks again, bitterness clear in his voice.

"I didn't," I simply say. My thought was to take a little breath, then rush out with the whole explanation, but Ian stands up abruptly and takes me by surprise.

"What did you say?" He asks with wide eyes.

"I said I didn't choose Alex. I chose you."

Ian's eyes is filled with joy and he smiles widely. Then, in the matter of seconds, he rushes to me and hugs me tightly. He lifts me off the floor and spins me around a couple of times. I can't help but laugh.

Ian puts me down and cups my cheeks in his hands.

"You really mean it?" he asks while looking into my eyes. The electricity from his hands and the beauty of his blue eyes makes me speechless. All I can do is nod.

Ian starts leaning towards me slowly. It's a wonder he can't hear my heart racing full speed.

When our lips meet the tingles, both where our skin touch and inside my whole body, makes me want to dance around in happiness.

For now, I'm happy. For now, I don't think about the people I hurt and the people that hurt me.

Now, there's just the two of us.

***

"What's your favorite song?" Ian suddenly asks. We're laying on our backs on his bed after kissing for a while. Because there's this necessary thing called breathing and his kisses makes me forget that. You can't go too long without dragging air inside your lungs, it seems.

"I don't know." I answer. My head's still kind of foggy.

Ian leans on his elbow to look at me.

"Come on," he says. "I want to know everything about you! There has to be at least one song you like better than others."

I look away from his blue eyes to think clearer. There's so many songs to choose from.

"Well," I say and turn back to Ian. "There's three songs I'm never tired of."

"And they are?" he asks patiently. 

"Breakeven by The Script, God Gave Me You by Dave Barnes and Skyscraper by Demi Lovato." I say, "But I could probably have mentioned a lot more if I could think clearer."

I lean on my elbow as well, so we're at the same height. Okay, almost. He is kind of taller than me, though I don't like to admit it. 

"What about you?" I ask.

"Well, Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin is a classic." Ian smiles.

"That's a great song!" I say and smile just because Ian smiles. It's seriously contagious.

Ian doesn't answer, he just lifts his hand and caresses my face, all the way from my forehead to my chin. For some reason I can't quite grasp, he looks nervous. But the feel of his fingers trailing my lips makes my eyes flutter shut.

I hear Ian's nervous intake of breath and open them again.

"Samantha," he says and barely holds my gaze. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I grin. He's so cute when he's nervous. Though he had nothing to be nervous about.

"I would love to," I say.

Ian smiles a really happy smile for the second time today. Then we kiss again.

I never thought just a few hours could contain this much happiness.

_____________________________________________________________

AN: Goodbye for now!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm just kidding, of course we're not done with this story yet! We're only half way through! There's yet so much more to come!

Bet you're all mad at me now, huh? But come on, I hope you didn't really think I was done! Because that would've been one heck of a crappy ending!

Today's song: Fall - Jonas Brothers

Toodlepies! Hope you look forward to more chapters in this story!

xSongsLikeThisx aka Emily