Chapter 2 - Feelin' Alive

AN: Dedicated to mrchow simply because I love her story, Inside Your Head!  

Chapter 2 - Feelin' Alive

"But I don't want to!" I whine.  

"Oh come on, Mani! You need to get out more!" Maggie says as she drags me into my room. Kylie follows behind, laughing. It's nice someone's having fun.  

"But - " I start to protest. 

"No! I don't want to hear it! You are going!" 

I realize I can't argue myself out of this, so I slump down on the bed, defeated. "Alright. But I'm not drinking." 

"Yeah, sure," Maggie waves dismissively at me. Kylie stops laughing and walks over to my closet. "Now what should you wear?" She's the most fashion interested of us. 

The others are already dressed. It's only me left. Not so weird, considering my original plans for tonight were a silent Friday night inside my room. I wanted to finish reading "The Single Girl's To Do List", and maybe watch "Step Up 3" again, but nooo... Kylie and Maggie came bursting through the front door, demanding me to come with them to a party at Jack's house.  

And as you probably figured, I didn't want to. I'm not exactly a party girl. I'm maybe quite a decent girl, but... Oh, who am I kidding? There's no but. I've never had alcohol in my system at all (well, maybe in some food or something, but whatever, you know what I mean). I've never been kissed, never had a boyfriend, and hey, you guessed right, I'm a virgin!  

I sigh. Maybe it would be good for me to get out more. I stand up from my bed, shoving Kylie away from my closet to find something myself.

I glance at the others, looking at what they're wearing. We have different styles, but I don't want to exaggerate my outfit (not that there's anything to be afraid of when it comes to that...). I suddenly realize how good they both look. 

Maggie is wearing a black blazer, a grey dress, black tights and a pair of black high heels, which I absolutely adore. She also has a long, gold chain, which I recognize as the one she got from Justin to her birthday. Figures. Justin is Maggie's on and off boyfriend. They've broken up about 6 times and gotten together again each time.

Kylie is wearing a green jumpsuit and black high heels. The jumpsuit really shows off her long legs, and she's also wearing bright pink lipstick, showing her perfect lips. 

How can I live up to anything like that? 

I turn towards my closet again, already defeated before even looking. I desperately need some new clothes. Reminder to myself: go shopping on Monday! 

I just stare at my clothes for about two minutes before I spin around to face my friends. They are talking about which boys they want to dance with. 

"I definitely want to dance with Hunter. Have you seen him lately? I was gonna talk to him yesterday, and I almost called him Biceps instead of Hunter. I was like 'Yeah, sure Bi - Hunter.' You should have seen his face!" Kylie says, before laughing. Maggie laughs as well, and I would have too, if it weren't for my outfit crisis. 

"He's alright, but of course I'd rather dance with Ju -" Maggie begins, but I interrupt her: 

"Help me, please!" 

They turn toward me with confused frowns. Kylie slowly takes in my face, then she stands up, rushes to my closet, and starts digging through my clothes. 

"Maybe... No... What about... Nah... Hmm..." she mumbles, and I feel a little embarrassed that I have nothing that screams "party", and just things that screams "partypooper" instead.