1: First time in Five

Chloe, I've missed her so much since I moved to Seattle.

Now I'm back to Arcadia Bay. The first thing that came to my mind when I came back was, "I've got to see Chloe."

Now I'm here. I've unpacked everything. My computer, my photos, my clothes, my guitar and bedding. Everything. School at Blackwell doesn't start until Tuesday. So that means I got 5 days to hang out with Chloe. Hopefully she still lives in her old house.

I packed my camera into my bag, which I always carried around. I never want to miss a Photo Op. Plus, I'm going to Blackwell Academy this year. They have an awesome photography class, taught by Mark Jefferson. He's a really awesome photographer, and he's kind of cute.

I sighed as I opened my door and walked down the halls. Girls everywhere were hauling boxes into their rooms. I already met some of the girls. I met Dana. She's pretty cool, she's part of the cheer team, typical for a girl like her.

Then there is Kate. She is super religious. After she was finished unpacking, she started hanging up flyers for a church or something. She's kind of weird, but she was nice when I talked to her.

There's also Victora Chase. Queen Bitch of the school. I can already tell. She's got these two girls that follow her around everywhere, and she just looks at me like I'm some sort of freak. I can already tell we're not going to get along.

I left the dorms and took a bus to Chloe's house. I felt excitement pump through my veins. I haven't seen Chloe since her dad died, and that was shortly before I moved. I felt bad for leaving her right after such a horrible thing happened to her and her mom, Joyce. But, it wasn't under my control. My parents thought it was a good idea to leave right after her Dad died. I hated them for a while for that. I just couldn't leave Chloe like that, but I had no choice. Eventually I forgave my parents, and we did have some good times in Seattle.

Chloe's house was in my view and I sped up my walking pace a bit. I couldn't wait to hang out with her again. We weren't kids anymore, but it'd be fun. I just couldn't wait to tell her about everything that has happened. I bet she'll be excited to see me again.

I approached Chloe's house, and walked up the driveway, and knocked on the door. I felt my heart beating really fast in my chest. The door opened a really rough looking man opened the door.

"Who are you?" He asked aggressively. "And how did you find my house? You don't look like one of Chloe's friends."

He knows Chloe. How? Did Joyce Remarry?

"Actually I am. I just moved back here from Seattle and..."

"MAX!" Chloe yelled, pushing away the rough looking man.

Chloe ran at me and hugged me, nearly knocking me over. I smiled and hugged her.

"It's so good to see you." I said.

Chloe let go, and I was shocked to see how much she had changed.

She definitely wasn't a little kid anymore.

Chloe had dyed her hair blue, and cut it short. She used to have blonde, long hair. Her right arm was covered in tattoos. She looked beautiful, and different.

"Max," said a voice. "what a surprise to see you here."

I looked up from Chloe and saw Joyce, who looked like she hadn't aged a bit.

"Why don't you come inside?" Joyce offered. "It's been forever since we've seen you."

I smiled and nodded politely.

Chloe wrapped her arm around me and we walked inside the all too familiar Price home.