In DARK FATE, it is revealed that Cordelia was a first blood. It is because of this reason that Karheinz married her. It was also revealed that Cordelia's mother Menae was Carla and Shin's aunt.

Relationship

Karlheinz

Karlheinz was Cordelia's husband and father of her children. He neglected her and she wanted his attention. In MORE BLOOD, Cordelia explains how she and Karlheinz met. She says they met at a ball and with a smile he asked her to dance. She also remembers this as when she fell in love with him. In MORE BLOOD, Karlheinz also gave flowers to Cordelia and the meaning behind those flowers were 'impossible'.

Richter

Richter was her brother in law. It is revealed in the game that they had a brief affair. They were known to have "made out" in front of her children. Sometimes she even went as far as to have sex with him in front of Kanato, believing that he didn't care because he was too caught up in playing with his teddy. When she was dying, she asked him to cut out her heart and implant it into another body. He did as she asked and he implanted her heart into Yui.

Ayato

Cordelia is the mother of Ayato and always pushed him to be the best, but in a way that wasn't quite "motherly". It's predicted that Cordelia wanted Ayato to be the "best" to her own advantage and well being just to beat Beatrix seeing her as a threat and competition to get Karlheinz's attention. She was shown to have physically and mentally abused, insulted, and tormented him as a child. Cordelia even went as far as punishing Ayato by slapping him across the face because he only wanted to play more[2], beating him nearly to death and nearly drowning him when he didn't live up her expectations, saying that unless she tells him to, he won't rise from the water.

She also went as far as to insult Ayato that if he didn't do his best, he is not her child, and that what he was doing was not enough for her[3]. One time Cordelia praised him for the little castle he made, but she was still arrogant and said that if the castle wasn't real, he should not take too much pride on it.

Ayato and Cordelia didn't have a great 'mother and son' relationship but rather no love at all. Mostly just hatred, as seen by the way Ayato talks about her and calls her foul names and says he hates her. It is ultimately proven that he hated her as when he kills her and drinks her blood commenting on the fact that it tasted so sweet as if it was nothing. It was noted that Cordelia was not smart enough to see her own demise, that her son turned bitter and killed her to show how strong he had become.

Ayato and Cordelia are similar in many ways such as their behaviors towards others and their selfish needs to become powerful or the strongest. It is also shown in various ways that they are both attention seekers. Cordelia wanted all of Karlheinz's attention on her instead of Beatrix and Christa while Ayato is always pressuring Yui into giving him her undivided attention. Cordelia and Ayato are both very dominant and possessive. They are both shown to be very merciless though Ayato is more of a teasing person where as Cordelia was more strict and likes to punish those who disobey her.

When Karlheinz gave flowers to Cordelia, Ayato found them and tried to dispose of the flowers because he knew the meaning behind the flowers. He didn't want his mother to have a broken heart, so he tried to dispose the flowers before Cordelia knew. Unfortunately for him, Cordelia saw the flowers and punished Ayato for disposing the flowers without knowing the meaning of the flowers Karlheinz sent to her[4].

Technically, Ayato only wanted love and approval from his mother, but he didn't get any of these because Cordelia was always fixated with Karlheinz.

Kanato

Kanato is the middle child of the triplets and also the most neglected by his mother out of the three. Just like Laito, he loved his mother very much (but not to the extent of sleeping with her). However, his mother Cordelia never showered him with the same courtesy and love that he needed. Despite that, he sung 'Scarborough Fair' to her. In one of the drama CDs, Kanato explicitly revealed to his brother Subaru that Cordelia abused his voice - she ordered him to sing for him endlessly until his vocal cords bled. With this, his own mother loved his young voice and was sexually turned on by it[5].