Homework and Trees.

I searched the inter-webs for you. Here's her necklace. Small but not tiny. Thanks for reading.

     (This is a later edit. It would be great if I could get some feedback. I know I'm not that far but I'm working on it. School is kinda getting in the way but Chapter 3 should be published tomorrow, December 1st, 2015. Thanks again.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I got chills as I felt my father's cold touch on my hips.

     "You are a disgrace! You little whore! You will learn!" He spat. I shivered as he stepped away. I heard him rummaging through something and I knew what he was getting out. I opened my eyes and saw I was right. It's a dented metal bat stained with my blood. He touched the end to my stomach and I shivered as the cold metal made contact with my skin.

     "P-please, Sir, I'm begging you..." I said softly, urging the impossible. That seemed to enrage him and I closed my eyes again as he wound up.

     I gasped, the hit knocking the air out of me. I would have screamed if I could draw a breath. The pain shuddered through my body. Before I could draw a full breath I was hit again, knocking the pitiful amount of air out of my body. I gasped for air, trying to force my lungs to fill. I cried out for the next swing as it make contact with my leg. He kept swinging, mostly hitting my abdomen. I was grateful for this though, because if he was blood thirsty I would be whipped, cut, and stabbed. As it is it hurt but it'll heal faster than cuts as long as he doesn't hit too hard and break one of my bones again. He continued with the bat until his arms got tired. I could barley breathe. I hadn't screamed much because of that fact.

     "Please..." I said feeble, unable to say more. Dammit. I just made everything so much worse. I tried to finish my sentence but was unable to.

     "Sorry what?! Sorry what?!" He screamed. I couldn't say anything else. Shit... "Too bad...you have to learn bitch."

     He went over and rummaged further. I heard a crackling. No no no no no! I struggled against my restraints.

     "No! No, please!" I cried out. He walked over and touched the cold pieces of metal to my skin. I screamed. The electricity coursed through me. I smelt burning flesh. I couldn't stop screaming. He slapped me and I tasted blood. He tied a cloth around my mouth, muffling my pleading. After a couple minutes of pure agony as the second round began it was all too much and I fell unconscious.

     I woke up in my bed. I had rope-burns on my wrists and ankles and my shoulders hurt to be down. I sat up slowly, pain exploding from my abdomen. I looked down at my stomach and saw light purple bruises and burns. They were first-degree. He knew how to hit so the marks faded, shock without burns. I'd have no proof if I told anyone. The marks would fade quickly but the pain would stay. He made sure that whenever he hit my with his bat it would be to hurt me more internally and leave behind little physical evidence. I have no idea how that works.

     I forced myself to get up. I took a step and collapsed under my bad leg. I ignored the pain. Walk it off. I'm fine. I've been through much worse. I saw moonlight stream through my window. Huh. It's night. I pulled on my shirt and hoodie. I wasn't as tired as I usually am so I played music through my ear-buds, blaring it and drowning everything else out, including my pain.

     I took a quick shower and looked at my hand. I must have been asleep a while because it was mostly healed.

     I sighed and got to work on my homework and study, happy for the distraction. I sighed and tugged down at my sleeve, catching sight of the slits I made on my wrists. The scars I haven't inflicted on myself are almost invisible and covering my body. You can't see them unless your extremely close and looking. The self-harm, however, was pretty visible. When I wasn't being beaten I was ignored so I'm not even sure if they noticed. I shook my head, focusing on my work.

     I finished in a couple hours, and the moon was high in the sky, the stars twinkling around it. I sighed. I packed up my stuff and looked at my bed. I won't be able to get any sleep. Not tonight. I winced as I stood, gingerly holding my stomach. Damn. I really hate that bat. My parents are still asleep and I'm not going to wake them. I pulled up my shirt and touched my abdomen, wincing. My skin, not thankfully, healed pretty quickly but internally it hurt, badly. It always seemed like I was a lot less hurt than I was, and on top of that I learned to mask it so no one knew anything was wrong. I sighed, dropping my shirt and sighed. My super-pale skin just looked a little irradiated but overall nothing looked wrong. I'm not sure how that was even possible but I didn't question it. I guess I heal faster than most.

     I shook my head, switching songs and pulling up my hood. I opened my window and scaled the steep roof. A while ago I figured out how to get down. There's a tree with a branch touching the roof. I scaled down the two floors and lightly touched the ground. I winced, taking a couple steps. I touched the bark, staring up at the leaves. I sighed. This tree has gotten my out of a lot of crap. I silently thanked the inanimate object and started to walk. No one was out yet and I like the empty streets and peace and quiet. I left my phone behind. Not like there was any use for it anyway, besides, it needs to charge.

     I suddenly felt like someone was watching me.