9

Alex waited until he saw a car that looked a bit like the one that Klav had at the hospital. He followed it up to a small, cozy cabin in the middle of almost-nowhere. Luckily, it was them.

Alex waited a few minutes before approaching the front door. He was intimidated by Klav and Val's apparent intelligence. They had sent him to a forest and left him there, and he had no clue at first. They were smart.

•••

Valentin opened the front door to find Alex standing outside, with a deep cut down his arm and a tired, overwhelmed smile.

"I told you he wasn't dead!" Val called out to Klav, who was in the kitchen.

"No, I told you he wasn't dead!"

Valentin giggled and turned back to Alex.

"So, why are you here?" Val hissed, trying to seem as intimidating as possible.

"Can I talk to Nick? I really need to say some things, and..."

"Yeah. As long as you're apologizing."

"That's what I'm planning on doing."

"Okay, come in then!"

Paul and Bob glanced at each other nervously. Nick shrugged, trying to show that he didn't care. Alex crept over to the couch that Nick was sitting on.

"Hey, Nick, I'm sorry for faking my death and everything. It's just my responsibility to get you home, since I started this entire situation. And attracting the media could get us home... Unless... If you're feeling okay, maybe we could head back to the US and hit up Los Angeles or something? Maybe go somewhere that's not incredibly cold and miserable?"

Nick didn't say anything, and for a second, Alex was worried. But then, Nick hugged Alex as tight as he possibly could.

"Is that a yes?"

Nick ripped himself away from Alex and looked up at Bob and Paul.

"Alex, I don't think Nick can do that. Don't you want him to get legitimate medical attention back home?" Paul suggested.

"But do you want to go back to your ordinary life? Do you want to give this up? Why not just one last adventure?"

"Alex, listen. Nick physically cannot do that. His legs are paralyzed and he's still extremely vulnerable to the cold. We can't go. Bob and I can't leave Nick here. Klav and Val have to get back to their jobs, and if Nick's here alone, they never will. We're either going home or staying here. Actually, we have to go home, because people are literally hunting us down. It's not safe, Alex."

"I guess if you don't come to California with me you'll never see me again. I'll make a new life for myself." Alex smiled, pushing Nick away from him.

"N-No... Don't... Don't leave." Nick whispered.

"Sorry, buddy, but your literal human trash for friends won't come with me, so you have to waste the little time left of your worthless, pathetic life out in the middle of nowhere. So goodbye." Alex laughed, shoving Nick onto the floor.

Klav looked at Valentin. His eyes burned like a thousand suns. He was ready to attack.

"Yep. Go. Do it. Destroy him." Valentin hissed.

Klav ran to the door and tackled Alex outside. Nicki Minaj showed up and pinned Alex down.

"Listen, kid, I need to talk to you."

"Yeah?"

"Nick was running away from you. He almost died because he was running from you. He's cried his heart out over how much he misses you. But the one time you finally show up, you don't apologize. You said you would."