the disastrous movie marathon

happy thanksgiving, your existence is a present. 

To my utter annoyance, Arthur and I were left alone again three days later. It wasn't my plan, but it just happened.

My original plans for the day were going to be spending the day under the sun with Kurt, but he had to babysit his younger cousins while the adults went clubbing. I was going to go by myself, but, as California weather would have it, it randomly began to rain just as I stepped out with my stuff. So the beach was canceled.

I didn't bother calling Aiko. She usually stayed in because the rain inspired her artistic abilities, or so she said. It was common knowledge that we didn't bother her on these days, predicted or not.

When I tried North, I kept getting his voicemail. His phone was turned off and when it was off, it meant he was doing something important. So, with all my friends occupied, I was stuck at home. And since Arthur didn't know many people, he was at home with me, too.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" he asked me as soon as I sat down with my bowl of cereal. There was a scowl on my face as I poured in the milk.

He didn't seem bothered by it anymore, his insults ceasing. At least, the ones he said out loud stopped. I confronted him about this once as we passed by each other one morning. His response had been: "Just because I don't say anything doesn't mean I'm not thinking it." Suffice to say, the feeling was mutual.

We didn't insult each other verbally as often as we did the first day, but that didn't stop either of us from getting on each other's nerves all the time.

"Kai?" He'd developed a habit of calling me by my nickname, despite the fact that I told him only special friends were allowed to call me by that. In turn, I started addressing him by "Art" or "Arturo", something that I discovered easily annoyed him.

I shrugged, dunking my spoon into the bowl. "Why not?"

He took a seat beside me, reaching over me for the box of Fruity Pebbles and then the milk. We ate in silence, an occurrence that continues to astonish me. But I was reassured by the fact that we still grunted at each other whenever we managed to peeve each other off.

"What movie should we watch?"

Again, I shrugged, spooning some cereal into my mouth. I didn't care, really, since I've seen a majority of the movies that we had. "You could choose," I told him after gulping down the spoonful. "I'm not picky."

"Okay, what about preferences? Are you feeling up for any certain genre?"

If he were North, I would've responded with, "I'm feeling up for some of you." But it wasn't North; it was Arthur, and even though we weren't at each other's throats, the thought of doing or watching anything intimate or related to intimacy with him made me wanna gag. So I told him, "Maybe action."

"Okay, so Avengers it is."

"I've seen it already," I muttered.

"I haven't."

A little surprised, I turned to him, "What? But it came out four years ago."

"I've been busy."

"For four years?"

Seeming a little pissed off at the sudden questioning, he faced me, eyes narrowed. "Look, it's none of your business." I raised a brow. Now, I was sure he was pissed off. His hands balled up into fists, one around his spoon and one around the edge of the table, and then: "Never mind."