Chapter Twenty-Nine

Levi X Reader 29

(Levi's pov:)

Shit. Shit, what am I doing. Mikasa pushed herself onto me, but I pushed myself onto her too.

Y/n is in here. She's in this room. If she wakes up--

"Levi. Let's go to my room-" Mikasa started, cutting herself off by pushing herself onto me again.  And though I was going to stop, I followed her to her room.

•••

(Y/n's Pov);

When I woke up I had a weird feeling. Like something happened and I didn't know. I brushed it off, though.

"Leviiii~" I sang, turning over. He wasn't next to me.

I decided that he was probably already up and in the breakfast hall, or with Erwin. So off I went to get dressed. After my little run-away, I was expecting Hanji, Eren, Armin, and especially Mikasa, to be worried about me. Mikasa was one of my best friends.

I started my way to the breakfast hall.  As soon as I walked in I saw two shocked faces, then it was only a moment until two people were hugging me.

"Eren! Armin!" I smiled. "How are ya?"

"We're good! We were just worried about you!" Armin exclaimed.

"Sorry about that." I smiled and rubbed my head. "Hey, Eren."

"Hey, Y/n. You alright now?" He smiled at me.

"I'm fine! Where's Mikasa?" I asked.

"She never came to breakfast. I wonder if she's sick." Eren said. He looked back at the table.

"I'm surprised Levi isn't with you, Y/n." Armin said. "Is he with Erwin?"

"I imagine, that's usually where he is if he's not here." I faked a smile.

"Come sit down! I'll grab you a tray!" Armin said and smiled. I nodded and followed Eren to his table. Hanji came over and scolded me a moment later.

"WHY DIDNT YOU COME TO ME, Y/N!!!?"

"Sorry, sorry! I just needed to get away, you know?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it! Anyway! You and Eren, we need to experiment tomorrow, alright?" She exclaimed.

I had completely forgotten about my Titan shifting abilities. Eren looked surprised as well. He must have forgotten too.

"Yeah, okay! I'll meet you in your office after breakfast tomorrow, that okay with you too, Eren?"

"Yeah, I don't have anything tomorrow. Unless Captain Levi decides he needs me." Eren joked. Armin came and sat back down, he handed me a tray of food. I thanked him and we talked for a while.

I heard the door open a little bit later. I looked over and saw our two missing friends coming through the door. Levi held the door for Mikasa, who was further behind him. Mikasa spotted Eren and sighed.

"Hey, Eren. Sorry, I overslept." Mikasa sighed, red faced.

"It's fine. I was doing okay without you." He joked. "We were just chatting."

Levi came and sat down after he got his tray of food. He put his arm around me and kissed my cheek. Then picked at his food for a second.

"That asshole Erwin needed me to help plan the next expedition." He said in monotone. I smiled in relief. I don't know why I was so worried.

"Uggggh!" I groaned. "Well I'm glad you came I needed to talk to you about me and Eren."

Levi's eyes widened a little and he turned to me. He glared at Eren.

"What happened." He growled.

"Woah, calm down! Hanji wants to do some experiments on us. Or. . .she wants to experiment WITH us." I smiled. "Tomorrow after breakfast I'm meeting with her, we don't have anything scheduled do we?"

"No." Levi said.

I noticed that Mikasa had been staring at him the whole time we were sat down. She usually glares at him, so I was used to it. But she had a different look on her face, not anger. That's when it hit me. No matter what, Levi leaves me a note if he goes anywhere in the morning. No matter what. So where was he really? I don't think he even came to bed last night.

I shook the thought away. Levi is my lover, he looked for me in the dark, in the damn forest. There's no way anything happened that I should be concerned about. Right?

"Y/N!"

"Hmm? What? OH!" Wren stood in front of me, Eren was laughing at my zoning out.

"Sorry to disturb you, Captain, but I was wondering, are we going to have any new members on the squad?"

"OH. I'm not sure. I would imagine so." I said quickly. "How have you been?"

"Alright. It's still hard now and then." She half smiled. "What about you?"

"Fine, fine. It's like you said, hard." I didn't smile. I couldn't. "Anyway, I've got to get to training, as do you. I'll meet you out there."

"Alright! See you soon, Captain!" Wren saluted and smiled to me.

I stood and saluted back to her. Her eyes lit up a little. I walked out of the mess hall to change my  clothes once again.

•••

"Cmon, you know you want to. I love you! It's obvious you love me too. What happened last night wasn't just--"

"Shut the hell up. Shut your damn mouth. Nothing is going to happen between us. I don't like you. Definitely don't love you."

"Shut up! I know you do! I KNOW IT. And what happened last night was not nothing. You know it."

"I didn't want to. I was tired and didn't know who it was."

"You're lying."

"I never would have done anything with. . . with you."

Two voices were arguing in the hallway. It sounded like Levi, I couldn't make out the other voice though. It can't be, it's probably a cAdet I don't know. Not Levi. Never Levi. Please not Levi. Then I had the best idea to look.

"Oh my god. Levi!?" I choked out as I looked. My eyes teared up immediately.

"SHIT." It was Mikasa.

"Y/n--"

My knees gave out and I fell, angry at myself for thinking I could ever be loved truly.