Chapter Two

Y/n's pov

I find myself walking back to the infirmary. What was with Levi!? He's never done that before, to ANYONE, especially not a team mate.

God, my throat still stings, and has hand marks. How am I going to hide this from people, it'll be bruised before to long. I slip into my bed and pull the cover over my neck.

"Y/n? Why did you go after him? If you fall in love he'll only cut you from the squad." Petra says. I didn't realize she was awake.

"I'm not in love. I just wanted to say thanks, for helping. I guess Arigato isn't good enough for him." I whisper into my pillow.

"If you say so."

"Petra." I snap. "I know my own feelings. Right now I see him as a captain dedicated to nothing but work. He's not worth my time anyway."

"Y-yeah."

"I'm going to sleep." I growl, then lay me head in my pillow again. I lay there for hours, but sleep doesn't come.

I stand up and check myself out of the infirmary. The doctor giving the okay for me to go, of course. I walk back to my room, wanting to sleep in my own bed.

When I finally get there, I unlock the door and simply run to my bed. I'm in tears before I know it, from the pain in my neck and wrist, to the pain of discovering Levi's true dark side.

He's always stupid and blunt, but not like this. I even considered asking him to hang one day, so I could help him feel a little better. I didn't, fearing since I was the newest cadet in his squad, that he would turn away and Tch at me.

This was different though. I asked what was wrong, and he almost killed me. I wonder what he would have done if I did ask him to spend the day with me.

It's been an hour, maybe two. All I've done is cried, whimpered in the corner of my bed. I'm sobbing loudly, making my throat hurt more, which makes me cry even more.

"Y-Y-n." Someone says. I left the door unlocked.

Levi's pov:

I run through corridors, tearing myself apart. I needed to apologize to Y/n, infirmary.

"PETRA!" I yell, while bursting into the infirmary. "Where's Y/n."

"She checked out a while ago, she couldn't sleep here." Petra replies. "I think she went to her room, if that helps."

I nod, small, and then run to the floor where Y/n's room is. I hear a few sobs, but then a scream.

"Y/N!" I yell out, running as fast as I can. As I enter the room there are two people, one in the corner, standing with a knife, and one on the floor, sword in hand. Both had on uniforms, I couldn't see their faces.

"L-Levi." One of the two say. "I. He. I don't know. Levi, help." They stutter.

It's Y/n. She falls to the floor, telling me she's the one in the corner. Her hood falls, and I quickly take off her cape. I notice a deep wound in her stomach.

"What happened." I say, as calmly as possible.

"I was sitting here, a-and he walked in. I-it was over before I-I even knew it h-happ-happened." She says between gasps. She was the one crying, Y/n. It's my fault and I know it.

"Alright, use this." I say. I hand her my uniform, and wrap it around her. She winces as I tighten the cape around her stomach. "You owe me, cleaning this until it's spotless, understand."

"Heh. I don't know if I'll even make it to that day." She whispers. I see a half grin, half frown on her face. There were new tears forming in her eyes, but she wouldn't meet mine.