Chapter 7

The morning seemed to pass by quickly; the small group of friends were already at school - breakfast in their bellies and dressed out of their pajamas. Miss Hart was going on about the periodic table during their science lesson when the tanoid suddenly went off "can Ezra Bridger come down to reception please" it wasn't a question "Ezra Bridger to reception" all eyes turned to the requested teen as he stood up "what did you do this time??" Zeb teased earning a playful glare "watch my bag for me??" he asked earning a nod from Hera and Kanan "sure kid". The fifteen year old left the class room and made his way to the requested area, following his instructions "I was called to come here" he stated to the receptionist who nodded with a smile before pointing over his shoulder "your uncle's come to pick you up". This confused the teen as he had no uncle - there was a reason he was in an orphanage and then had a foster father. You only have them if you have no other relatives. Turning around to see who this woman thought was his uncle, Ezra's eyes widened with horror; it was the man that had ruined his life. The man that he wished more then anything to be dead. "Kallus!!" the name left his mouth like poison; the man smirked as his eyes landed on the teen "young Ezra Bridger...how's life been??". That voice. The disgusting and venomous voice that was like alarm bells, screaming at everyone to run. "What the hell are you doing here?!" Ezra glared daggers at the man "I'll take it school don't know you're a murderer" he had purposely said that in hopes that the receptionist would hear it; she did and subtly pressed a button under her desk that would inform the local police station of their location and that they needed urgent help. 

Kallus chucked and held his smirk "ha, clearly not" he became serious "now, I don't have time to chit chat as I came here to do one thing that I've been meaning to do for...well...ever" this confused the alarmed student who raised a brow at the mans intentions "and what might that be??" he didn't know whether he should be worried of the answer or not. The man pulled out a gun from his jacket "to kill the last Bridger" Ezra's eyes widened with slight fear and shock before his instincts took over and moved his body for him. Ezra ran full speed down the corridor; he was an idiot though as he should have left the building. The teens thoughts went to his friends - his family. Thankfully, the teen was much faster then Kallus and he was able to reach his class; he hit the fire alarm before entering. "Okay everyone, let's leave calmly and sensibly" Miss Hart instructed as the class began to leave the room; the small group of friends stopped behind once they saw the fifteen year old refuse to do the same. "Come on Ez, do u really want to burn alive??" Sabine joked but soon realized something was wrong "Ez??" they watched as the boy looked out of the door before turning back "there's no fire, I pressed the alarm" this earned a few raised brows "there's a guy I know...he had a gun and he's in school". All eyes widened "what?!" Kanan placed a hand on the boys arm "who the hell is this guy Ezra?!" the youngest teen sighed as he once again checked "Ezra...is this guy after you?!" Hera asked earning a slow nod. Ezra began to quickly explain the situation "I thought he had given up...but turns out he never stopped looking for me" he sighed "if I knew he was still after me, I would have never attended Rebel High....this is all a disaster". 

All of a sudden, a voice spoke that didn't belong to either of the five friends "for you, I agree" they watched as Ezra's eyes widened with horror and slight fear before he spun around; a man was stood by the door....the now closed and locked door. The fifteen year old gently pushed his friends behind him, as if he was some kind of shield "oh Ezra...young Ezra Bridger" Kallus chuckled "you so remind me of your parents, brave...loyal...but so stupid" the boy glared at the man who held the gun in his tight grip; he then noticed the other four teens "and who might they be??...Don't tell me you found yourself a family?!". Kallus began to violently laugh at the thought and sight in front of him "oh god...how did you get them to take you in?? Paying them or something?!" it just made him laugh even more. All four older students were furious from the horrid comment; Kanan placed a hand on the kids shoulder as he stepped forward "yeah, he did find a family!! One that loves and cares for him more then anything" he stated "so yeah, we took him in but because we wanted to". Kallus was impressed - the nineteen year old had the guts to snap at him when he was holding a loaded gun; Ezra gently pushed his guardian back, worried by what he had just done. "Do they know Ezra?? Do your 'loving and caring family' know that the night your parents were killed...you did nothing to save them??" Kallus asked with a smirk "do they know that you just hid whilst your parents were shot down??" the boy averted his eyes to the floor, feeling that guilt he had fought off for most of his life; Hera felt a fire burn inside of her "how dare you!! Ezra was a four year old child!! He couldn't do anything!!". Zeb and Sabine soon realized something that the man said "Ezra...how does he know when and how your parents were killed??" the girl asked with concern "and that you were hidden....which you should have been by the way!!". Ezra felt his chest tighten as he forced the words to leave his mouth "Kallus, he....he's the one....the one that killed them" he admitted "and...he wasn't caught for it" all eyes widened with shock, fear and worry; the fifteen year old looked up at his parents killer to glare at him "you killed my parents for no reason what so ever!!". 

Kallus rolled his eyes as if he was bored and that the information was old news "indeed, now I must hurry" he stated before raising his gun, aiming it at new student "prepare to join your parents Ezra Bridger". All four older teens gasped with horror and complete fear "No!! You can't!!" Sabine yelled as tears formed in her eyes; this made Kallus chuckle once again "oh, but I can you see" he stated, sarcasm dripping from his mouth "I have this thing called a gun so I get to decide who dies which will be....Ezra Bridger!!". The teen gulped as he mentally prepared himself for what was about to happen "any last words Bridger??" all of a sudden, an idea popped into the boys head "yeah..." he took a few steps forward so that he was stood in front of the murderer "I'm not dying today". Before any of them could respond to the confident yet confusing statement, Ezra took his chance and punched him right in the stomach, followed by a hard elbow to the back which forced the man to the floor with a loud thud; he hurried to kick the gun out of Kallus's hand once his grip had loosened due to the pain. The four friends watched with shock and amazement "come on!!" Ezra exclaimed as he hurried to unlock the door "we've got to go before he get's back up!!" they didn't need to be told twice as they bolted out of their class room and through the building.

Soon enough, they were running through the front doors and past the police; Ezra informed one of them who was in the building and that they had a loaded gun. They sent in the S.W.A.T team whilst one of the officers made the small group of friends write out statements; the head teacher informed everyone that the school would be closed for three weeks - some students may or may not need some therapy after today. Once the five teenagers had returned home, Hera started on lunch, Kanan and Zeb watched a baseball game, Sabine sat in the kitchen as she spoke to her cooking friends and Ezra decided to stay in his room for a while. When they sat down to eat lunch, the fifteen year old was the first to speak up "I was wondering...when you guys said all those things to Kallus...about us being a family and all that" he wouldn't dare look up from his food as he knew all eyes were on him "did...did you really mean it?? All of it??" they were silent for a few moments before Kanan's voice could be heard "ever. Single. Word". The fifteen year old's head shot up to see all four of his friends were smiling "and we don't lie kid, do we??" they all shook their heads "you're one of use now Ez" Sabine stated. "Thanks" Ezra smiled "you guys gave me a chance when you didn't have to...and letting me become a part of your family" they all held proud and bright smile "we're glad we found you Ez" Zeb stated as he playfully and lightly punched the boys arm "...good...that's all I want".

The End.