Chapter 11/ A Thanksgiving to die for

*Samantha*

Yesterday was so embarrassing... First I had to sing in front of a ton of people, then I fell on stage, and to top it all off, I actually told Jax Parker that I loved him!

I did my best to avoid him for the last two days. It's been hard since we live together so I pretended that I was sick. He's at Zac's right now and it's Thanksgiving so I walked to the grocery store to get some things for dinner. Rita has been at work for most of my stay. She works all day and comes back at night, when I'm asleep. Sometimes I wake up to Jax and her fighting though. Today she has off so I thought I'd make a big meal and invite some friends over so we could all spend time together.

I've been in the kitchen for at least two hours now. The turkey is stuffed and in the oven. I'll mash the potatoes close to when the turkey will be ready, I'll warm up some corn, make the gravy when I take the turkey out of the pot, and then for dessert, I'm making a pumpkin pie from scratch.

I wipe my hands on my apron and hear the back door open.
"Jax?" I turn around and Jax is with someone... but it's not Zac. It's one of Maddy's friends, Erica.
"..what are you doing here?" I tried to ask in the nicest voice I could muster.
"Ew... Jax, you didn't say that that... Thing would be here!" She empathized on the thing.
"Well too bad. And she's not a thing. She has a name." He scowled at her and she rolled her eyes.
"What is she doing here Jax?" I looked up at Jax this time.
"She's just here for her science book back." He explained, walking over the the kitchen counter, grabbing a book and forcefully shoving it into her arms.
"Can't we do something else Jax... I mean... I'm already here..." She started rubbing his arm seductivly.

"I-I love you like a love song, baby
I-I love you like a love song, baby
And I keep hitting repeat-peat-peat-peat-peat"
Before I knew what was happening, I starting singing an old Selena Gomez pop song.
Erica looked at me like I was saying something foreign and Jax was struggling to keep in a laugh.
"What the fuck are you doing?" Erica frowned and crossed her arms over her chest.
"Constantly, boy you played through my mind like a symphony
There's no way to describe what you do to me." I continued to sing and I felt my cheeks grow bright red.

"Why are you singing? And why that song? It's so old! Answer me you slut!" Erica kept yelling at me and Jax began to push her towards the door.
"You just do to me, what you
And it feels like I've been rescued,
I've been set free
I am hypnotized
By your destiny
You are magical, lyrical, beautiful
You are...
And I want you to know baby..."
My singing was cut off by Jax slamming the door in Erica's face.

Jax was bent over laughing.
"W-what's so funny?" I knew I was still bright red when I walked over to him.
"Love song by Selena Gomez? Really?" He continues to laugh until he began to cough.
"Oh my god, Jax, breath!" I put my hand on his back and he stood up straight.
"Yeah.. I'm ok, thanks." He stopped coughing and faced me. "You didn't really think that I would bring Erica home to fuck did you?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

All I could do was stare at the ground.
Actually... That's exactly what I thought!

"I mean... Before I met you I would've. But shortcake, I've changed..." He smiled at me which made me blush and I cursed at myself in my head for blushing.
"I know you have... And I'm so happy that you have. But... I don't know..." I stuttered, avoiding eye contact with him.
"But what? What don't you know?" He gripped my jaw so I would look up at him. "Don't you have hope in me?"
"I don't have hope..." I could see hurt flash in his eyes. "...in anything."
"What..? Why not?" He looked mildly concerned.
"Because if you have hope... You'll just end up disappointed." I croaked out. "And I'm sick of being disappointed... I don't want that anymore..."
"I won't disappoint you... You have to trust me... Have hope in me..." He whispered and I looked at the ground, not knowing what to say.
"...I trust you Jax..." I finally said.